29. Resolved Issues?

*****Justine*****

I knew something like this would happen, now he'll in be a funk all day. I grabbed my textbook and headed towards the bedroom door. "I'll be in the car, don't beat yourself up over him Bradley, we both know he's a dick. You came here for your mom remember?"

"Justine, wait. "

I turned to see a very defeated Bradley, slouched as he sat on the edge of his bed. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry for what? For being a great guy with a dick for a dad? That's not your fault and you know it." I grabbed his hand and tugged, hoping he'd get the hint and come with me. "We're gonna get to the bottom of this." I smiled as I all but dragged him from his room.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs Bradley tightened his grip on my hand, forcing me to stop. "Are you crazy!?" his looked at me wide-eyed.

"Are you? Are you gonna just let him mold you into another version of himself?" I'm fed up with this racist ass fuckwad. He's gonna learn today. "Since the very moment I stepped into this house I've been under scrutiny Brad, I'm not dealing with it anymore."

He stared at me for what seemed like minutes before he spoke again. "Stay here."

I was baffled, "What the hell do you mean stay here? I'm going wi-"

Before I could finish my protest he interrupted me and spoke again, "Stay. Here." and then he walked away, straight to his dad's office. I almost followed him but decided against it when I heard a door slam. I whipped out my phone and texted the only person I could count on in a time like this, Kara.

J: "I think Brad is about to confront his dad."

K: "OMG CALL ME!"

J: "I can't, I'm at his house right now. I'll Call you and tell you everything when it's calm. Pray for a bitch."

K: "(insert emoji praying hands) LMAO"

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and sat down on the stairs and sighed.

"Oh hello dear, you surprised me." I looked up to see Bradley's mom coming into the house with her arms filled with grocery bags.

"Here, let me help you." I quickly stood and grabbed a few bags from her and headed toward the kitchen. "I didn't even know you left. I could've gone along with you." I smiled back at her as I placed the bags atop the counter.

"Oh don't you worry your pretty little head about me, I'm used to it. My boys never really enjoyed shopping with me." She laughed to herself and began to put things away. "Speaking of which," she turned and looked to me, "where are my boys?"

"They're in Mr. Jameston's office." She looked puzzled and then she looked knowingly at me. "I've stopped making excuses for my husband's way of thinking. It's not right. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault Mrs. Jameston, it's just-"

"Well would you look at you two beauts chatting it up in the kitchen." Bradley.

"So, I see you spoke with your father. How'd it go?" Mrs. Jameton cut right to the chase.

"How do you think it went mom?" He kissed he cheek and took the seat beside me. "He doesn't think Justine is good for my- his image. He wants a smooth campaign and I'm making him look bad."

"He said that?" Mrs. Jameston looked so hurt. She looked at me apologetically and the exited the kitchen. I groaned and laid my head in my hands. Why do things have to be so difficult?