28. Too fancy

****Justine*****

Here I was standing in a dressing room, I thought about backing out of this but a promise is a promise. I don't even think I'm mentally prepared to be surrounded by important people at such an important event. I'm just Justine. I can't wear this. "It's too much" I held the price tag in my hand.

"Are you gonna come out or am I coming in?"

The fact that he was willing to pay $700 for a simple dress was beyond me. We could've just gone someplace else. "Can't we just go somewhere else and find a dress? I mean, this is just way too much and-"

"And you look great in it." he half smiled stepping into the small room.

"You're not supposed to be in here." I pushed him back out.

"Oh c'mon you look great, now come out so we can buy it and be on our way. I'm hungry." I'll probably never wear this dress again. Maybe I can donate it after I wear it.

"Alright alright." I removed the dress and reacquainted myself with my clothes. "Happy?" I stepped out holding the dress in his direction.

"Very. Anywhere else you want to go before we get food?" He took the dress and wrapped his arm firmly around my waist. It wasn't uncomfortable but it wasn't exactly comfortable either. We still weren't really on good terms after all.

The moment we got to the counter my phone rang. "I gotta take this." I whispered shimmying away from his grasp before he could protest. "Hello?"

"Putaaaa! How you been? You said you'd call me back but like.. what the fuck?"

"Kara! I miss you! I'm sorry I didn't call, I forgot." I glanced behind me to see Bradley exchanging numbers with the cashier. " I'm with.. It."

"Did you tell it how you feel? How'd that go?" She spoke mid chew. Typical.

"Well it definitely went. It's like we're in this awkward stage now. He took me shopping for a dress to wear to his Dad's-" I was cut off by Bradley grabbing my hand.

"Who ya talking to? Can I say hi?" He smirked.

"Is that Bradley? Tell him I said hi!" Kara chomped excitedly in my ear.

"Kara says hi, hey Kara I'll ca-"

"Hi Kara!" Bradley waved at my phone as if she was actually able to see him.

"Put him on the phone!"

"Kara I'll call you later." I hung up as fast as humanly possible and sighed.

"You're cute when you're frustrated."

"And you're cute when you're quiet." I retorted as we walked out of the store. I really don't want to go to this event, his dad already hates me. I think. I don't even know if there's any proper etiquette involved.

"How about we go back to my place and order Chinese? I could go for some orange chicken." Why's he acting like nothing happened between us?

"Uh I don't know, maybe you should just take me back to campus..." I trailed off as I spotted Sam headed in our direction. I was about to speak until Bradley grabbed my hand. This should be interesting.

"Bradley, hey!" Her annoying ass voice rattled my brain as she waved, completely ignoring my presence. " you missed an epic party last night!"

"Yeah? Well, I spent my night with this doll, making plans. I'm sure it was fun though, I'll catch you later Samantha." Bradley surprised even me with that response. Maybe I was being a bit hard on him.

"Oh uh, alright. I'll shoot you a text later." She half smiles and quickly walked past us. I could almost smell her disappointment. I laughed to myself before heading toward the exit.