26. Talk to him.

Justine:

All we did was go over the syllabus and I was already exhausted. I put my key in the door and pushed it open, dropping my backpack down on the floor and then my phone started ringing. I dug around in my back pocket and pulled it out. It was Kara.

"Hey bitch!" she exclaimed. I can tell by her tone that she had a lot to tell me. "How were classes today? Are you done?"

"I am actually. What about you?"

"I don't start til tomorrow. I've been out at the beach."

"That's nice," I said trying to sound as interested as possible but I really just wanted to take a hot shower and curl up in my bed.

"Before I tell you about the hot guy I met, tell me why you sound so bummed out." I can never get anything by Kara. I let out a sigh and plopped down on my bed.

"Brad told me all his feelings toward me and basically told me he wanted to be more and he couldn't handle being my friend and I kinda sort of rejected him. And then he went to a party with this girl Sam who I do not like whatsoever and he came to class all hungover and then this blonde wrote her number on his arm. I don't know what to do, things are really really weird right now," I said with minimal pauses.

"Okay," Kara said processing everything. "Looks like I need to go to your campus and kick some ass." I laughed at that.

"I don't need you to do that. I just need to not feel this way. I opened up and made myself comfortable around him, and I guess I don't want to get hurt." I shivered at how sappy I was sounding. "I don't know, just ignore me, tell me about the guy you met at the beach."

"No. I'm not going to tell you anything until we figure this out."

"There is nothing to figure out."

"Talk to him."

"Talk to him?" I sat up abruptly.

"Yes, you heard me."

"What is there to even talk about?" I asked, although there was a lot.

"Maybe let him speak first and then snowball off of that."

"Fine.. fine, I'll talk to him. I'm going to call you when I wake up from this nap and then we can talk all about the guy you met."

"Good. I can't wait to tell you. Happy napping beeeitch."

"You already know." I ended the call and fell backwards onto my bed placing my phone on the dock.

"Pull it together Justine!" I told myself as I pulled my blanket over my head.

"Justine! Are you home yet? Hellooo.."

There aren't many things I get upset about but don't EVER interrupt my naps.

"AAAARGH!" I grouchily threw the contents of my bed to the floor and stomped towards the door. "WHAT!" I yanked the door open only to be faced with Sam.

"Oh um... Hi. Bad timing? I was just letting you know that someone left a box outside your door. Didn't want it to get stolen or--".

"Where?" I cut her off looking around.

Just a sec, she disappeared into her room. Why the hell does she have MY box. It's cold. I padded across my room and grabbed my blanket, pulling it over my shoulders.

"Right here." I heard from behind me. She really just walked into my room..

"Thanks." I grabbed the box, before realizing how heavy it was, "buh-bye." I drooped it onto my bed and waved.