New Beginnings

**All Harry Potter characters/wizarding world go to J.K Rowling. Roseanna belongs to @karley_fryman. Rowen and any other character that pops up belong to me! :)**

New Beginnings-

"You're what!?" Sirius and I yelled at once. James groaned and fell into the couch. 

"Headboy." He mumbled. "I don't understand! I thought you can't be Headboy unless your Prefect!" James explained. We were all flabbergasted. James was about to say something once more before there was a noise in the kitchen. 

Crack! Crack! Crack!

We all turned to the kitchen where three people were standing. "Hey, guess what-" Lily started.

"Do you guys know who got-" Remus said at the same time as Lily. 

"When are we going school shopping?" Rosie said over them. All three of them looked at the three of us. "What's going on?" Rosie asked. I shook my head at them. Lily stepped up and gave me a suspicious look. 

"Rowen?" She asked. In her hand, I saw the Head Girl badge. 

"Oh this isn't going to be good." I murmured. I pointed to James and she looked over at him. James looked up at Lily and held up the badge. 

"Are you bloody kidding me!?" She screamed. "Dumbledore picked you as Head Boy? YOU? OF ALL PEOPLE?" She huffed. I gave Rosie a pleading look and she ushered Lily out of the room. 

"I don't understand. I thought Remus was a shoe in for sure." I said. James shook his head. 

"I can't be Head Boy. It must be a mistake, it has to be!" James said. 

"I think it would be a great privlage if you were titled that. It shows people that your-" I started, but Sirius cut me off. 

"He isn't though. He's a Marauder. One of the best pranksters in the school." Sirius said. I rolled my eyes. 

"Maybe it's time you grow up and out of this phase." I replied. I said nothing else and went to go find Lily and Rosie. I found them in the backyard. "How are you two doing?" I asked. Lily huffed furiously. 

"Dumbledore must be going mad. Potter as Head Boy! Ridiculous!" She said. I shook my head. 

"He's actually really responsible you know, when he wants to me." I chuckled. Rosie smiled at me, and Lily chuckled. "Even if it was a mistake, I think it's time you to start getting along better." 

"I get along perfectly fine with Potter, thank you very much." Lily defended. Rosie and I gave her a look. "What?" 

"FIrst of all, if you were really perfectly fine with him, why don't you call him by his first name? And it also doesn't help that you yell at him." Rosie pointed out. Lily turned red. 

"I can't wait to see how this year goes." I laughed. 

******************************

"Where are you going?" Sirius asked. I was heading towards the floo, on my way to Diagon Alley. 

"Diagon Alley. I can go get your stuff if you'd like." I said. He gave me a smile and nodded. 

"That would be lovely. You can just pull some money from Gringotts." He called. I nodded and stepped into the fireplace. 

I met Lily and Rosie at The Leaky Cauldron. From there, we wondered the streets of Diagon Alley. "Hey Rowen, do you think its safe for you to be wondering around in the open?" Rosie asked as we headed into Flourish and Blotts.