Some Friendships Don't Last

**All Harry Potter characters/wizarding world go to J.K Rowling. Roseanna belongs to @karley_fryman. Rowen and any other character that pops up belong to me! :)**

Some Friendships Don't Last-

The thing is with the Marauders, they are actually different then they appear to be. James and I had grown closer, and i was able to tolerate him. He was pretty nice and genuine, when he wasn't trying to ask Lily out. Peter and I, were.. acquaintances. Let's just ;eave it at that. And then there was Sirius. I have to say that our relationship was in a way, fixed. Ever since Remus was injured, he always made sure I was alright. He was still a bit of a lady's man, though. All of them were still pranksters, and that was something that would probably never change.

It was now mid-March, Remus was back to his healthy self, and today was actually a quidditch match, Ravenclaw versus Hufflepuff. Now, I usually love going to quidditch matches, but Lily and Rosie wanted to enjoy the sunlight, and so we went to go sit by the shore of the black lake and dip our feet in the warm waters. Lily and Rosie had gone knee deep into the war and skipped rocks. I sat on the shore, my feet in the water, and a book in hand.

"Come join us Rowe!" Rosie squealed, as she chucked a rock as far as she could into the lake.

"I can't Rosie! The giant squid and I have a deal, I don't disturb him and he won't disturb me!" I replied, suppressing a laugh. She rolled her eyes and splashed some water on me. I glared at her before getting up and splashing her.

This turned into a war and by the end of it, Rosie and I were soaked. Lily said a quick drying spell and we sat back at the shore. "Well, that was fun." I said as I let the warm sun tingle my skin. Lily and Rosie agreed and we all sighed in content.

It was an hour letter, when something drew our attention. "What's that?" Rosie asked, as she squinted from behind her glasses. Lily and I looked over and saw a crowd forming, just a couple hundred yards from the shore. We put our shoes on and walked over, joining the large crowd. "Levicorpus!" Someone shouted. We made our way to the front of the crowd and my heart sunk.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Lily screeched. James and Sirius turned around and smirked. "Put him down!" Severus Snape was suspended in the air by a magical force. His pants were around his ankles, and it revealed a rather nasty color of under garments. Lily drew her wand.

"Don't make me hex you Evans." James said as he and Sirius warily eyed her wand.

"Take the curse off him then!" Lily snapped. James turned to Snape and muttered the counter curse. Snape fell to the ground and Lily rushed over to his aid. Rosie followed her and I drew my wand.

"You were lucky Evans was here to save you Snivellus." James retorted. Snape struggled to his feet and faced him. The crowd grew silent.

"I don't need help from filthy mudbloods like her!" Snape said venomously. Many people in the crowd gasped. Lily had released Snape and her face became expressionless. She blinked once.

"Fine," Lily said quietly. "I won't bother in the future. And I'd wash your pants if I were you, Snivellus." She replied. Her and Rosie began to walk away. James drew his wand and raised it towards Snape.

"Take that back Snape!" He roared. Sirius had drawn his wand as well.

"Don't bother Potter, he isn't worth your time." I called out, causing them to look at me. I shook my head slowly and they lowered their wands.

I didn't bother to stay any longer, so I ran up to catch up with Rosie and Lily. Lily had a few tears in her eyes, but her face was hard. "I knew it! I knew that hanging around with all those creepy Slytherins would make him like this!' She exclaimed. "I thought he was my friend!"