Cast "The New Job" Part 4

20 minutes later...

The car is parked outside of the cafe, Webber screaming orders at me through my ear piece, Jack and Webber sitting on on side of the room, Jasmine sitting against the wall on the other. Mac and Bozer are standing against the wall outside, just incase she runs. I'm preparing for the most important conversation of my life, right next to the interview leading me to this event.

This could go one of two ways, She comes with us and nothing happens, or she runs out and all of us have to go after her. I nod to Mac and Bozer as I walk through the glass double doors, they return it and go back to their fake conversation.

I walk into the diner and look at Jack and Webber, they both nod and I nod in return. I spot Jasmine sitting against the wall, looking at her phone, then looking back up and looking around the room. She's obviously looking for Smith.

"What should I say?" I ask into my ear piece.

"That's up to you." Webber says.

"Yeah, sorry cant help you Y/N." Mac agrees.

"You could do the same thing you did in the bank." Jack suggests.

"Do you really think she'd believe that?" I look over at him.

"Good point."

"It's worth a shot."

I walk over to Jasmine and sit down across from her.

"Hello, I know you do not know who I am, My name is Y/N I am an assistant of Sleven's. I was told that he was supposed to meet you today." I whisper, trying to keep the conversation private, but just loud enough for my earpiece to pick up.

"Why didn't he come in himself."

"Well the police are looking for him and he didn't know whether or not there would be undercover police here."

"When did you start?"

"I think it was right after he covered your case."

"Oh, he didn't say anything about a new assistant."

"Maybe he didn't feel the need to."

"Well where is he now?"

"In the car."

"Oh."

"Y/N, try to get her out and in the back of the car." Webber screams through my ear piece.

"What was that?" She says.

"What was what?"

"The voice."

"What voice." Damn she's on to us.

"It sounded like someone else giving you directions."

"I didn't hear anything."

"I did."

She starts looking around the room and just as she looks as Webber and Jack Webber says, "Get her out of here now."

"You're a cop!" She stands up and runs out of the room.

"Guys, she's on the run." I yell into my earpiece.

I jump up out of my seat and run out of the room, trying to catch her.

Her and I run for about two blocks.

I'm gaining on her and then she gets farther.

I'm losing her, there's no way for me to catch her.

She stops at the intersection to take a breath.

"What makes you think I'm a cop?" I ask walking up to her.

"Someone is talking to you through an earpiece, your not in this by yourself."

"Jasmine, you're a little paranoid. You've been on the run for awhile, and it was only a matter of time before someone found out that your husband was dead. I'm not a cop, trust me."

"Okay, I trust you."

I lead her back to the front of the cafe, where everyone is standing waiting for me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jack asks.

I stay quite and lead her to one of the cars.

I walk to the back driver's side door of the car. I open it and put her in.

"Why was that guy talking to you?" She asks as she puts her seatbelt on.

"I have no idea." I get into the passenger seat and wait.

She stays quite and it's not until Jack opens the door when she realizes what's going on.

"Wait, who are you?"

"None of your business." Jack snaps.

I chuckle and lean my head against the window as everyone else gets into their car.

After Shift

"Well that was fun." I spit out. We are all at the diner I was interviewed in 9 days ago, eating and reminiscing the case that we just closed about two hours ago.

"What part of it?" Mac asks, chuckling.

"All of it I guess. I mean, this is my first case with you guys, so I guess it was a little more then I was expecting. Jack and I had to catch a guy in a bank before he went on the run, and then I had to convince a woman who hired someone to murder her husband so she could run away with that very guy, who just so happened to be the lover that her husband didn't know about, to come with me so we could interview her back at Phoenix." I whisper, trying not to let anyone overhear us.

"Good point." Riley sighs.

"It's also really hard to believe that just over a week ago, I was sitting right over there," I point across the Diner to the very seat Webber and I sat at, "interviewing for this job, and I'm now sitting here with all of you, talking about the case we just finished. It's crazy how close we all are. It's crazy how little time it took me to consider you all like family, like I could trust all of you with my life, and how I feel like I could tell any of you anything. It's just odd, It took me about a month to feel the same way when I first started at the FBI."

"I think we all feel the same way." Mac says, putting his arm on the back of the seat just behind my shoulder.

"It's nice to have you on the team." Bozer smiles, "Even though you rejected me."

I chuckle, "Bozer that was my first week, if you would've waited a little than I might have accepted."

"Dammit, you should have told me that " He looks down at the table and begins to play with his food.

I smile, "So is this kind of case normal, like do you always get suspects that don't have any concrete evidence?"

"No it's normally not that. We normally receive a suspect, concrete evidence on what he did, and where's he supposed to be. All we have to do is track him down and interrogate him, sometimes." Jack says.

"I got lucky didn't I?" I ask I little sarcastic.

"Yes, just so lucky." Riley says with a little more sarcasm.

We all continue to share stories, and talk about work until the diner us empty. We talk until the diner closes, and we are forced out and forced to go to our cars and drive home. 

I can't help but think how much one case changed my life, and how much these people changed my life.

A/N

And here starts my Hiatus.

As much as I hate to, I feel like it is what is best for me.

I just need time to find myself, and let my mind rest, and just take a moment to breath.

I will see you all soon, I'm sure.

Lots of Love, 

-Jordan