Angus MacGyver and Wilt Bozer "Just Like High School" Part 1

Why does highschool suck so much? Why does my science teacher suck so much is the even bigger question. 

I'm currently sitting in another science lecture. The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection written by Charles Darwin. My teacher Mrs. O was trying to ask simple questions to get the class to do something. I wonder why everyone is bored out of their minds.

It's currently an unwritten battle between a guy in my class named Angus MacGyver and I as to who can answer more questions.

"Does anyone know where Darwin was when he first came up with the concept?"

Both of our hands shot up in the air.

"Y/N." She calls my name, as her voice rings through the room.

I put my hand down and answer the question, "Well it's complicated, he had gotten the samples from the Galapagos Islands aboard the HSS Beagle, but he never actually came up with the concept until he was back on American soil when he was at his house, studying his findings." I smile. I look over at Angus and smirk, he gives me a kind of death stare and his friend, Wilt Bozer, starts to laugh.

"That is correct, now, what was he looking at when he first came up with the concept?"

Again, both of our hands shot up in the air, both eager to answer the question.

"Really, only Y/N and Angus are willing to answer the question? Anybody else?" She asks.

When everybody else looks at their textbooks or looks through the bags, trying to cover up the fact that they don't want to answer and try to make it seem like they don't know the answer and are trying to find it, she again sighs and calls my name again.

"Charles Darwin was studying finches he found across the seven islands that make up the Galapagos. He was looking at the individual beaks of each finch when he discovered that the finches from each island had a different beak shape. He wondered why different finches, from different islands, had different beak shapes. At the time, it was strongly believed that God had made everything to walk earth, and that everything was perfect. So this discovery was very dangerous so he had to keep it to himself."

"Very good, Y/N!" Mrs. O smiles.

I look at the two desks next to me. Side by side is a very angry Angus and a very happy Wilt.

Just then the bell rings, cuing the end of the school day. Everyone gets up and walks out. All except Angus and I. I overheard Wilt telling Angus that he had stuff to do after school and couldn't stay.

"So you guys are staying again after school today, too?" Mrs. O questions.

"Yeah my parents aren't going to be home until later, so they won't care." Angus says.

"And you?" She asks, looking at me.

I look up from what I was doing, "What, oh, my dad won't be home until later and my mom could care less, as long as I'm out of her hair."

"Okay, don't stay too long, you two. Big day tomorrow, we're starting a new project!" She happily says, grabbing her stuff and walking out of the room, closing the door behind her.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out, taking all the homework out of my bag and plopping it on the lab table in front of me.

"Why are you apologizing?" Angus asks, grabbing his stuff and sitting in the only seat next to me.

"I answered all the questions, I should have let you answer some of those." I whisper grabbing my pencil and starting my work.

"You don't have to apologize, that was impressive." He smiles, taking out his work.