Director Matty Webber "New Friends"

Matty's POV

Today I was invited over to Mac's house for a work get together. I asked Jack if I could bring my daughter Y/N. She's not in school and doesn't have many friends outside of her work.

(Background)

Y/N works as a waitress at Sam's Diner in Los Angeles, California. (Not a real place) She has very few friends because she's really shy. Before we lived in LA, we lived in Jacksonville, Florida. Y/N graduated from high school at 16. She wanted to wait a year before going to college because she didn't want to be the youngest one there. She did this because she thought she would be bullied because she was so young, more than she was in high school. We moved here so she could go to UCLA (University of California in Los Angeles). I started working at the Phoenix about six months after her first day. Because Y/N took college courses in highschool (Yes this is a real thing some highschools actually do this I know mine does) she graduated a year early from college, too. Y/N is currently working on getting a job at Phoenix but because I'm not in charge of employing its not as easy as if I was in charge.

Y/N's POV

I'm in my room reading when I hear my mom yell for me to start getting ready. I sigh and get ready. I put on black ripped jeans, a black tank top, throw on a jean jacket and roll up the sleeves to my elbows and put on black combat boots. I put on light makeup and grab my bag. I run downstairs to find my mom standing at the doorway.

"You look dark and depressing." my mom says looking me up and down.

"Thanks, really appreciate it." I reply sarcastically.

"Hey look on the brightside, you might make some friends." she says.

"Wooooo" I say, rolling my eyes.

Mom sighs and opens the door. She jumps into the drivers seat and I jump into the passenger seat. She drives to a beautiful house on top of a hill overlooking the city.

"Here we are." She plainly says, parking the car and taking the key out of the ignition.

"This, is Angus Macgyver's house?" I ask in awe.

"Yeah and it looks like we're the last ones to show up. She says looking around to the three cars parked in the driveway.

Her and I get out of the car and walk up to the door. She knocks three times and waits.

"Mac can you get the door I'm busy."

"Yeah I guess."

The door opens and a young man around my age with blonde hair takes a step out.

Mom greets him and they embrace. I stand there looking at my feet, when mom says my name.

"Y/N, this is Angus Macgyver, Mac this is my daughter Y/N." Mom says.

I stick my hand out waiting for him to shake it. Instead, he grabs my hand and pulls me into a hug. I awkwardly pat his back. When him and I pull away from each other, he laughs and invites us in. We walk in and see three people scattered around the living room and kitchen.

There is a man around my mom's age and a woman around my age in the living room watching TV and a man in the kitchen.

I realize I left my book in the car.

"Mom can I have the keys, I left my book in the car."

"No, socialize with people for once."

I stand there and sigh.

The girl around my age comes up to me right after and says, "Oh thank god a girl around my age, you have no idea how sick I am of guys."

"I could imagine." I reply widening my eyes and looking off into the distance.