Angus MacGyver- "Secrets"

For Amy

-----------------------

Today is the day.

Today is the day you are 'meeting' Angus MacGyver for the first time.

As Jack Dalton's daughter, you never see him, or the rest of Phoenix.

The only way you knew that they existed was because of a case a couple years ago involving your, now EX, boyfriend. 

You never got to meet any of them, only heard the names, the stories, the descriptions given to you by your father.

After that day, you gave up on meeting them completely.

Until you bumped into MacGyver a couple days after that, grabbing coffee.

He recognized you almost immediately; he hugged you and addressed you with a warm, absolutely stunning smile.

The rest is history: sneaking out in the middle of the night to go meet up with him, going to the movies, out to dinner and walking around town on his days off.

You nearly screamed when he asked you out. 

You never told Jack, as you knew he would not approve, naturally.

And now today, you had to put on your best acting face and pretend you've never met Mac before in your life, until after you left.

You were visiting Jack at work, because you knew about Phoenix, because of the old case. Maddie needed you to come it because of intel you knew about an old friend.

-----------------------------------

You walked through the doors of the white building, scared out of your wits, does Jack know, will Mac spoil the secret accidentally?

You found the conference room, the one you missed so much. The one with the brown couches sitting around a glass coffee table with a bowl of paperclips. The one where the windows frosted over and became sound proof at the touch of a finger. The one where all of the planning and ideas circulated in.

You knocked on the open door, and slowly walked through the threshold. 

"Y/N, it's so nice to see you again!" The current director of the Phoenix Foundation, Matty Webber, greets you with a smile, a very rare occurrence.

"Director Webber, it's good to be here, although, I have literally no idea why I'm here."

"Please sit down, we need to talk." The room is empty, you assume she has the others running on missions and whatnot.

You sit down on one of the sofas, "I'm sure you know who Rachel Reid is."

"Yes, I'm very well aware, why?" You ask.

"She was spotted walking away from a murder scene, holding hands with Jacob Boiler"

"My best friend... was at the scene of a murder... with my ex boyfriend?"

"Yes, it appears so."

You sit on the couch, your mouth hanging slightly open to speak, but no words roll off your tongue. 

"Hey Maddie, what did you need?" The voice behind you sounds almost scared.

"Mac, I never said I needed you."

"I'm guessing she said to stay out of the conference room until I left." you whisper to yourself.

"Yes, Y/N I did." She looks at you with a serious face.

"Oh, sorry, I could have sworn that you said you needed me up here."

"No, Mac."

He nods his head and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.