Cast- "The New Job" Part 1

"Miss L/N!" A short woman yells my name across the diner.

I am currently at a job interview for a place called Phoenix, formally known as DXS, I'm sure it's been awhile since we've all heard that. They needed someone who was trained in computer science and in the field. I applied for the job when I found it because of the FBI, my current job.

I walk up to the woman and sit down in the booth across from her. Shaking her hand I smile and say, "Hello, you must be Miss Webber, its nice to meet you."

"You too Miss L/N."

"You can call me Y/N."

"Well then Y/N, let's start."

"Excuse me for one second. If this is an undercover agency, what are you going to do about the rest of the people in here?" I ask, motioning to the four other people in the small, open diner.

"How do we know they don't already work for Phoenix?"

I look around again, A blonde hair man sits, facing us, against the wall, on the completely other side of the Diner, playing on his phone. An older man and a younger woman sit at a table together on the other side of the door, close to the man with blonde hair, but on the other side of the aisle closer to us, the older man has coffee and the woman has a glass filled with what appears like Pepsi or Coke. Another younger man sits in the booth across from us, reading a newspaper, also with coffee.

"That's creepy."

Webber chuckles, "It's supposed to be, it's so we know you can undergo pressure."

"I worked for the FBI and also spend seven years in them United States Army, believe me I think I can undergo a lot of pressure."

"Well, we'll see whether that's true or not."

I nod just as she continues, "So we know that you worked for the FBI, may I ask your rank? Where were you in the sonority list?"

"My next promotion would have made me supervisor, meaning I would have been like head of the team that I worked for."

"What were the main cases your team did."

"It was mostly murders, but there were also child pornography cases that I dealt with."

"What did you do during those cases, what was your job?"

"Um, for murders I was normally in the field, collecting evidence and catching suspects, for all of the child pornography cases, I was normally in the lab, going through and taking apart computers for evidence."

"Wow, so why did you agree to do an interview?"

"Figured it was something different to try and you were looking for someone whom had experience with computers and working in the field."

"Okay, how are you working with others?"

"That's complicated. I work well with a team, but I've been told I'm better by myself. I can become very leaderish, if that makes any sense."

"It makes enough." She says, writing something down on a piece of paper.

There is a silence.

"Do you do well in prisons,  we tend to spend a lot of time there?" She speaks up when she's done writing.

"Yeah, I had to spend nearly a week in prison for a case."

"Really?" She says, shocked.

"Yes, we had a suspect two years ago that we thought had killed a fourteen year-old girl. He was released on parole after an armed robbery. I had to spend six and a half days in a Las Vegas woman's correctional prison to try and fine connections, possible leads, and a motive."