Riley Davis & Jack Dalton "Murdoc's Partner in Crime" Part 4

Three days later...

"The door's locked." Jack complains, trying the door handle.

"No shit Sherlock, who doesn't lock their door?" I say.

"How are we going to get it open?" Jack asks

"Like this." I say, kicking open the door with my foot.

"I like her." Jack whispers.

"We need to look for clues on where he is currently." I snap

Jack walks through the door and closes it behind him.

I start opening doors and walking into rooms.

"Hey sweetheart, don't you think that he could be in here?" Jack smirks.

"Yeah, even if he is, I know how to talk to him with out him flipping out and we're both armed so it doesn't matter if he is or not."

"Baby," Jack starts.

"Okay, you're pushing your limits with that one." I stop him.

"Ugh, let me refraise that then, Babe," He pauses, wanting to make sure he still wasn't pushing it. After realizing I didn't care at that point he continues, "my job is to keep you safe, he's an assassin, they're unpredictable, I don't know what he's going to do. I don't want to see you hurt.

"Whatever." I shrug, walking into the next room.

Both of us are silent until we hear footsteps coming from the other side of the house.

"Jack, was anybody supposed to be home?"

"No, I didnt think so."

"I'm going to check it out." I blurt out before walking out of the room to the front door.

I grab the gun out of my pocket and hold it next to me. I tiptoe to the front of the apartment as I hear Jack whisper my name, just loud enough for me to hear.

I ignore him and continue, when I make it to the foyer, I am hit with about four men, armed and muscular.

One man imparticular looks very familiar. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, and stands about 6 feet tall. Quinten.

"Someone's here." Quinten says.

"But who?" A man about the same size and build and Quinten says.

"Me." I smile walking out from behind the wall where I was hiding.

"Why?" He asks, raising an eyebrow and looking at me. He looks like he's trying to figure out who I am.

"I don't think you remember the bombings that have been set off over the past month?" I smirk.

"We didn't plant those, I swear."

"It's not nice to swear Quinten."

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Who gave you that bracelet?"

"My ex girlfriend, why?"

I put my head in my left hand, right still on my gun.

"She gave you that bracelet." Jack comes from behind me.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"None of your business." Jack snaps.

"Yeah it is."

Jack and I both look at each other with worried looks.

"Oh, I get it Y/N. You bring your new boyfriend to my house to rub it in my face. Really nice idea, I loved you, and you broke my heart," He says, taking a couple steps toward Jack and I.