Riley Davis & Jack Dalton "Long Time no See" Part 2

Three years later

"Jack, can you come help me?"

"Yeah, what do you need?" Jack says, coming down the stairs and into the kitchen, where I am standing with our son Nick.

"Can you get him ready for bed, I'm cleaning up from a baking day."

"Of course love." He smiles, kissing my head and picking up Nick.

"But I want to stay here with Mommy. I want to help clean up." He whins.

"How's this, I'll clean up the table and counter and everything else and I'll leave the spoon and bowl for you, how's that?"

"I guess that's okay." He smiles.

Jack and I laugh and he takes Nick upstairs. I love four year olds, sometimes.

I put the cakes, brownie pan, and four dozen cookies that Nick and I made today on the island and put the bowl and spoon on the dining room table for him. I start to clean up the counter, the sink and oven.

I'm about half way done with cleaning up the flour and putting everything away when Nick runs down the stairs and into the kitchen. God this kid has too much energy.

"Can I help now?" Nick asks, tugging on the hem of my shirt.

"Go look on the table." I smile down at him.

He runs into the dining room just as Jack comes into the kitchen.

"I love toddlers." He smiles wrapping his arms around my waist and digging his head into my shoulder.

"I know,  I know. Look at it this way, Nick has a bowl covered in brownie batter so he should be quiet." I smile putting my head on his.

"Ugh," He sighs, " I have work tomorrow."

"Yeah, and I don't think Webber would be really happy if you come in tired." I say as he picks his head up and walks over to the island.

"I don't think the FBI would be happy if you came in tired either."

"I'm taking off tomorrow, Nick's babysitter is on vacation and I'm used to it, anyway."

"I'm used to it too, I've been doing it for three years."

"You're not helping Jack, I can live with it, I want you to get some sleep."

Just then I hear a thud in the dining room and Nick comes running into the kitchen. He grabs a couple papertowels and runs back into the dining room.

"What's wrong bud?" Jack says, stopping Nick in his tracks, stopping him at the doorway.

"I dropped the bowl and now the floor is covered with stuff, I'm going to clean it up. I got it." He says, running back into the dining room.

"Awe, oh my god that's so cute." I coo.

Jack and I continue to talk about work and other things.

"What all did you make?" Jack asks, finally realizing how much was on the island.

"There's Chocolate Chip Cookies, brownies, snickerdoodles, Peanut butter cookies, buckeyes, and there is pineapple upside down cake, red devils food, among a couple others."

"Holy shit." Is all he manages to say.

"Baking day there my friend." I smile patting his back.

Nick then comes running back into the kitchen with the bowl and spoon, "I'm done mommy!"

"That's great Nicky." I say, taking the bowl and spoon and rinsing them off and putting them into the dish washer.

After that we all end up on the couch watching a Disney movie. Nick falls asleep on Jack, half way through Bambi.

"I'm going to take him up to bed, so you and I will have some alone time." Jack winks at me.

"I know what is going on in that twisted mind of yours. I'm fine with one child for right now."

"Dammit." He whispers halfway up the stairs.

I laugh and continue watching the movie. Jack comes back down rubbing his eyes.

"Why don't you go to bed?" I ask.

"I'm getting there." He says walking up to me and leaning down to look at me at eye level, "Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow morning. Love you."

"Goodnight, love you too." I say as he kisses me and walks back up the stairs and into our bedroom.

I turn off the TV and walk up stairs. I fall asleep next to Jack, god it's good to have him back.

A/N

Hello friends, I must admit this isn't my favorite chapter ever, but I had this idea a while ago and like a lot of other chapters, it haunted me. I cant be the only one that does that, you think of a chapter and you kind of create it in your mind, add to it and/or take away parts of it, and then when you write it down, or type it out, it stops. I know, stupid. Moving on. I hope you all enjoyed this story, I will see you all next week with a new imagine. Thank you all so much for 100 reads, too. Love you all see you next week.

-Jordan