Cast- "Black Widow"

For Eleanor

-------------------------------------------

"Nice work everyone, another case done and over with. I expect you all here tomorrow at 6 AM sharp." Director Webber dismissed everyone, well, not everyone, "Y/N, may I talk to you?"

"Yeah, what do you need?"

"Please, sit down, I have something to show you." You sat down on the brown couch, you could hear your heartbeat in your ears, and it felt like your stomach was in our throat.

She sighed and started her explanation, "About six months ago, a secret agent whose undercover name was Black Widow disappeared mysteriously, right around the time you were hired into Phoenix." She pressed an index finger to the screen, pictures of a woman in black appeared. 

"Director Webber, I-"

"Hold on, I'm not finished. I pulled up her case file and found something very, very- unusual." She pressed the screen again, and your CIA ID popped up, "Care to explain yourself?"

"It was just another undercover ID, it was just like Jack's. I did what I had to do to crack the case."

"Except you killed three people!"

"They shot first!" At that point, you had cracked, you were tired of her making it look like you were the criminal, "They were Russian mercenaries who tried to kill me, Maddie. They tried to get me to take down the CIA and when I said I wouldn't, that it was too big of a project for me, they tried to murder me in. I did everything I could to keep my identity hidden, and to do that I had to kill them." 

"And not telling us when you joined this team was the best idea?!"

"The CIA works completely undercover. The case was long finished and long over when I joined here, if I would have given up the details on the case, the unimaginable would be done to me by the CIA."

You had forgotten that the windows had not been frosted over, and the entire team had stayed behind and had also heard the entire argument between you and your boss.

"I had to find out you killed three people while undercover for the CIA myself."

"There a lot of things about me that you don't know, and things that I'll take to my grave. So, you finding out that I used to be an undercover CIA operative is not the worst thing you will ever find out about me." You turned on your heel and walked out of room.

Right before you took a step into the threshold Webber nearly screamed at you, "Hey, where are you going? I'm not done with you."

"Oh but I am." You turned back around and walked out of the room.

"Y/N, hey where are you going?"

"Y/N are you okay?"

"Talk to me, please." 

You walked past the Phoenix agents who were trying to get your attention. You walked out of the door and to your car.

You were completely done with Maddie, with Phoenix and with everyone trying to control you and tell you what to do. You had no idea where this would take you. You were expecting a call from Director Webber telling you you were fired, but you also expected her to come crawling back to you, you expected a call from someone at Phoenix saying you were due back to headquarters. Until then, you were to wait for the call tomorrow morning.

A/N

Yes, I forgot to upload yesterday. I've been on vacation. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter, although pretty short. 

I really don't have anything else to say other then I hope you liked this chapter and I will see you all next week.

Much love, 

Jordan