Chapter 24... Unexpected

You hug your knees to your chest as you sit on the stairs in front of the house. The ocean breeze was cold and smelled of salt water. The ocean was loud. The ocean waves crashed on to shore with heavy force. "(Y/n)."
"Hi Gabe." You said without looking up. He sat beside you. "I have to thank you again. This time you saved my sister." He chuckled "It's kind of strange. You saved me earlier then tonight you save my sister." You don't reply "You and your friends haven't slept have you? Are you hungry? I know you're tired."
"I'm fine." You lied. He sighed.
"You don't have to lie."
"I'm not."
"Your friends seem cool."
"Usually they are."
"I don't have many friends. I can't risk them finding out about my "abilities".  Telling you guys felt good."
"I know the feeling." You mumbled. He sighed, "If I told anyone else they'd capture me, tell the local newspaper, call reporters of all kind sell me to the highest bidder."
"Tuh, yeah most likely. Mermaids are real??? We have to sell him."
"Hey! Merman!" You laughed. "I hope you're feeling a bit better."
"I'll feel better when we get our missing friends back."
"I'll help you with that and I won't take no for answer. You may thing this fish boy can't fight but I swear I can."
"Fish boy?"
"Yep. The nickname from sister. She was called the little mermaid and I was called fish boy. Sometimes shark boy but mostly fish boy."
"Amazing."
"No, no not really." He laughed. He leaned his head on your shoulder. "If this were any other night, I'd be out there swimming. I always try to swim as far as I can before the sun comes up. Everyday I swim farther and farther."
"Why?"
"I'm not sure. Maybe I'm really swimming to see if I can find more people like us. We can't be the only 2 mer-people right? I have my sister but sometimes I feel alone. Without our parents…"
You looked at him. "It can be lonely. I felt the same way even with a house full of people. Before I met the pack everyone felt distant. Humans could never know. No one around was like me." He put his head up.
"At least you could find 12 other people like you."
"More if you can't everyone's siblings."
"Why isn't your pack bigger?"
"Well I'm not sure. We just grouped together and it stayed like that. No one left, no one joined."
"Can I join?"
"Ha, you're not a wolf." He smiled at you. "What?"
"You're a nice person. You helped 2 complete strangers without question."
"You saved me with question."
"I did didn't I?"
"Yeah."
"I prob would've freaked out if I were human."
"Who wouldn't? A robot and girl literally dropping into the middle of the ocean? No warning or sound? No sane person would jump in to save me."
"Yeah. Guess I'm crazy."
"I guess you are."
"Yeah." He put his hand on your cheek. He leaned in and kissed you. Unlike before you kissed him back.

To be continued...