Chapter 9

Iysis (Pov)

My alarm went off waking me up out of my sleep. With everthing that went down I almost forgot it was Monday and school was today.

I took a quick fifteen minute shower and got dressed for school. Since I washed my hair I decied to just leave it down and curly. I didn't were make up so it was faster for me to get done. I went to the kitchen and grabbed myself a breakfast bar. After I ate it I locked the house up, got in my car, and was on the way to school.

On the way there all I can think about was whats going to happen today. I sighed. Seems like as days go by things only get worse for me. I just hope I don't run into JaMell. After the party I aint gone lie I'm kinda shook up. 

I finally pulled up in the school parking lot. After I found a spot I got out and met up with Day and Tray. They were at the lockers talking about something. When I got there they stopped. Weird...

"Wassup." I said hugging Sade, then Tray. "Hey girl." "Hey bestfriend." "So what are yall talking about." they looked at eachother.

"Nothing." they both said simultaneously. Ok.. that wasn't weird at all.

"Okaaay." I dragged out. I don't know whats going on but I'll get to the bottom of it. The bell ring and we went to class.

Tray's (Pov)

When we were in class I text Sade's phone an watch her read the messege.

Me: Don't tell her anything you know you can't hold water for shit !!

My phone vibrated in my lap. It was Sade.

Sade: I wont big head.

Me: I'm serious !! She doesn't know yet and I want to keep it that way...

Sade look up at me and nodded. At the corner of my eye I could see Iysis staring at the both of us. I know what she's thinking, but it's nothing like that. My phone vibrated again, but this time it wasn't Day.

Bestfriend: So Sade's the girl that you were talking about ??...

Me: No bestfriend its not what you think.

Bestfriend: You know you don't have to lie to me... if it's her just tell me

Me: It's not her I promise !!

Bestfriend: Ok then what is it, first yall were talking about something and didn't let me in on it... now yall texting each other...I hate to admit but I'm kind'of  jelly :(

I sighed. I started to feel bad. I don't like keeping secrets, espeacially from my bestfriend.

Me: I'll come by yours to tell you later ok...

Bestfriend: k...

I sighed. I guess I will tell her the secret later. I don't know how she's going to take it but I hope she still want to be friends afterwards. I'm nervous as hell.

Iysis (Pov)

After school Tray told me when he leaves the trap he would come by later to tell me whatever it was he and Sade was talking about. I was jealous seeing them like that and keeping secrets and not letting me in on it. I'm not gonna lie I felt some type of way, but when he informed me it was nothing between them I brushed the feeling off. It has to be serious because he only acts nervous when it's something really serious. That has me kind of scared to know what it is.

I was happy I didn't run into Mell. I actually haven't seen him or Jaserrae all day and I was happy for that. Maybe my day can turn out good after all.

When I got home my ma was there on the phone with her bestfriend. Yes, Tray's mom. I went to my room and decided to just do my homework since I don't know what time Tray will be here.

About an hour pass and Tray said he'd be here in a minute. As I was putting my things away the doorbell ring. Since when does he ever ring the doorbell. I thought but I brushed it off. When I got to the livingroom my mother was opening the door. When I seen who it was I step back behind the wall.

It was the man from iHop was standing there with Tray right beside him.

"Hey Lana." the man spoke to my mom who looked as if she'd seen a ghost.

"H-how..w-what are you doing here." she said shocked as to why he's here. I'm just as shocked as she was.

"Can I come in."

"No Chance , my daughters here and she's not ready to see you right now." My mother said sternly.

"Alana you've already kept my daughter away from me for 17 years. You knew I wanted to be in her life and you just up and left me." He yelled. "That girl is a mirror image of me. I hate the fact that I missed so much of her life because of you and I'm not leaving until she knows why." he said coming into the house anyway with Tra'Varis following behind. They both took a seat on the couch.

"Ma, what is he talking about." I said walking from behind the wall making my presence known.

"Baby sit down." my mom said grabbing my arm to pull me towards the couch. I snatched my arm back. "Tell me."

After she told me the story I was pissed. How could she take me away from my own father. Yes she was trying to protect me but I don't give a fuck about that.

She lied to me. She sat in my face and lied to me every single time I ask her about my dad, she'd give me this story about how he left her for some other bitch because he wasn't ready for a kid.

All my life I hated him. I hated what he did to my mom, leaving her to raise a kid on her own when she was one herself and come to find out it was all lies.

Me and Chance, my dad, exchaged numbers and he gave me his adress so I can contact him and we could catch up and he left. I went to my room and packed some of my stuff for school and told Tray I was going to stay with him for a while. He was ok with it.

"Where are you going." my mom said still crying. I wanted to comfort her so much but I just couldn't. I couldn't let myself comfort someone who had lied to me practically my whole life.

"I need time to think. Don't look for me." I said dryly walking past her and out the door. I would be back I just needed time to process it all. I pulled off behind Tray following him to his house.

After we got settled and both took a shower we were laying in his bed watching tv. "Did you know about all of this all before the iHop thing." I said barely above a whisper.

"No. I just had found out after you stormed off he told me the whole story between him and your mom." I sighed. I was done crying. I was tired of shedding tears, it made me feel weak and I'm not. I just get really emotional in situations like this but who wouldn't. "I just can't believe she lied to me, over and over. Like what else did she lie to me about." he sighed and kissed my forehead running his fingers through my hair. He knows it calms me down.

I guess I spoke too soon. My day had went from good to bad just like that. There's probably nothing anyone can do or say to change this feeling I have. But God will never give you too much you can't bare and I believe that. I fell asleep just like that.

Tray's (Pov)

After a day like this I knew she couldn't take anymore news so I decided to just tell her when the time is right. But for now all I can do is be there for her every step of the way.