Welcome To London

Start from the beginning

"Yes George"

"The quiet one"

Louie huffed "Not likely" She went to sit up, with Nate's assistance." So, the little 'un staying put?"

"Yes, for now. Just no long trips or if need be, stop and have a stroll around for a few minutes to break the journey"

They stood at the door quietly after taking tea in the living room, the boys stood around awkwardly and unusually silent, waiting for the doctor to leave.

"So, you'll post me the bill or I'll pay when I come in next week?"

"Don't worry about it Louise. Consider it a welcome to London present" Nate chuckled but stopped when he saw the looks on all the faces behind her.

"If that's a present I better go back to the 'pool" Louise grumbled.

"Alright alright, maybe not a present. How about lunch after the appointment next week, my shout,  you're booked for 12 noon anyway- have to eat, right?"

"Sounds super. Thanks again" Louise smiled nicely at Nate as he stepped off the stoop to walk down the path, waving "Bye" She shut the door feeling much better.

"Oh doctor, doctor, feel my breasts they are a-heaving" George imitated with a girly voice, Richy elbowed him "Oh well he was a right tosser, checking his patient out like that"

"It's called an internal examination" Louise picked up her cup to go find the kitchen and the kettle and the fridge, she hadn't had a grand tour yet.

Oh yea, I give them all the time" Paul toyed "But with more feeling about and moaning"

"Paul you're such a sleaze" Louie tossed loudly over her shoulder not realising he was directly behind her "oops, didn't mean to yell in your ear like that"

"George is right you know, he's trying to get right up your garden path luv" Richy sat at the kitchen table drumming his fingers on the timber.

"No one can find that particular path at the moment" she mumbled under her breath, then a bit louder "well only with a bloody torch and guidebook"

Paul laughed, he'd heard the lot. He grinned broadly as she watched him fill the teacups again, she blushed a deep pink.

"I got a blush" Paul teased "You look real nice in bright pink, Louise"

"I'll be going to the next appointment" John informed the room like the lord and master "To the doctor's surgery, that is"

Louise rolled her eyes and levelled him with a glare. He ignored her and kept going, digging himself deeper.

"You need an escort and you're married, you just can't do that sort of thing without a companion" John chanced to look up and her eyes bore laser beam like holes in his skull.

"You all better leave now" Louie warned the other three. 

The lads obediently left the kitchen, slammed the front door then toddled down the corridor to the bathroom, door ajar to eavesdrop. "Stay right there you" Lou pointed at the chair in which John sat. Louie stalked down the short hallway and stood in front of the now shut bathroom door "I said leave" she tapped on the door, which opened to reveal three caught lads with a chagrin look written all over their faces.

"Sorry Lou, couldn't resist. Worth a try, right lads" Richy chuckled.

"Come back later.... for the remains" Louise deadpanned. The boys went out the front door making all sorts of gagging noises for John to hear, she saw them off from the lit entry. Off they all walked to the car then they all started a mock fight. Louise rolled her eyes- children..... they finally piled in the motor when Louie had cleared her throat. 

Louise was tired, she had slept in the car but it wasn't a bed and now this doctor's check-up mixed with the boys teasing and Johns un-required possessive streak, she'd just about had enough.

Moving slowly back through to the kitchen John had set a new cup of tea down for her and a bowl of cereal.

"Peace offering" He sat down pointing at the cereal bowl, she stared at it for a few seconds contemplating her hunger then gobbled it down in minutes. "Hungry then"

"mmm. I ate it, doesn't mean I accept it as a peace offering though" She went to stand then John held her arm to stop her, he took the bowl and started washing it.

"He's a predator Mabel, wants something"

"You're talking to me" She waited, then pointed to herself when he faced her "To me John, about predators. If anyone knows about predators it's going to be me, don't you think?"

"I don't mean-"

"You do. Nate has become someone I trust, maybe more so than you" Lou felt terrible verbalising it but he should know how she felt "You and I are supposed to be married, especially in front of my own brother, but ohhh nooooo you couldn't keep it in your pants, for what- a few hours, til George was well clear"

"I. I needed..." John held his head "I needed to check something"

"Your pulse maybe" She retorted tersely.

"Oh, come on"

"No Winnie, a few hours while George and us two married people were in the same vicinity, that was all we needed to keep this ruse afloat. I've asked nothing of you, nothing John, this was your idea, you came to me, you wanted to marry me" She spat it all out.

Louise stood then thought better of it, if she swooned to faint now it would not be good.

"Here's the thing" John stopped putting dishes away.

"This should be entertaining"

John now glared back at Lou and she shut up.

"Here's the thing. I knew you would be coming here, to my house"

"Thanks for the reminder that I am nothing to you" Louise took all the anger she felt on board, as a way to keep the threatening tears at bay.

"Shit Louie, stop it would ya" John then ran the words out quickly "I fucked the girl cause I ... thoughtitwouldbebetterthan ... fucking you"

She fumed, her mind seeing red instantly, so angry at him she was, so angry at the absolute gall of his words.

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" Clenching her fists so tight, Louise stood and stomped as well as she could from the kitchen, hunting for a room, perhaps to find 'her' room.

She found one without 'little boy's' clothes thrown everywhere and slammed the door befitting the anger she felt.

Yes, and now.... She would indeed cry, and thump the pillow, and it would make her all better.