Chapter 24: Don't Stop

Start from the beginning

I'm not sure how long I stayed there in that position. All I know is that this time, the shift was much slower. It wasn't long before I was sweating and panting. My beast wanted out but she was trying to go slower this time. She didn't want to hurt me. My bones snapped and then snapped again. Each time more tears formed in my eyes. I refused to make a sound though.

I didn't want Knight to know I was struggling.

I felt hot. Like my skin was burning. I inched all over like ants were attacking me. By now I was laying in the ground curled in a ball. My back would arch every time one of my ribs tried to reform. No matter how many times they snapped, it's like they couldn't get in the right position and had to start all over again.

Soon enough the pain became to much and when I felt something snap in my neck I cried out.

Knight's hound appeared next to me in a heartbeat. His dark eyes were wide with surprise and.. worry? 'Girl what are you doing?!'

I tried to take a swipe at his face but when I lifted my hand, it twisted around at a horrible angle, causing me to yelp in pain. I bite my lip hard and closed my eyes. I tried to block out the pain but I could taste was blood.

'Stop. Stop trying to shift.'

I refused. I wouldn't let a little pain stop me. I needed this. We needed this. My beast was on board with me. She was feeling the pain just as much as I did but refused to stop as well.

We are strong.

Damn right we were.

The sound of bones breaking that weren't my own caught my attention. Forcing my eyes open, I was greeted with Knight's human form.

"Girl I said stop." Was that his teeth I heard grinding?

"Piss off." I growled in between whimpers of pain.

Shock was plastered all over his face followed by anger. "Fine. Pointlessly break your bones over and over. See if I care."

Pointless my ass.

My beast's voice joined in with mine. "We will shift."

"What the hell Knight!" Lance's voice filled the night air. "What are you two doing?"

"The girl here thinks she can shift again so soon." He was back to being calm and collected.

"She cannot and you know that. She's too weak." I felt his hands touch my back, he began rubbing it in soothing motions.

Cannot my ass.

Rolling over onto my hands and knees, I pushed harder. The whole left side of my body began breaking down. I tried to scream but I ran out of air in my lungs.

"Kitten stop!"

Don't stop. Don't stop. Don't stop.

That became my prayer. My beast raged inside of me, I could feel her desperation to break free and rid us of this pain. With each moan and cry, growls filled the air from the men around me.

"She's too far gone now. She needs to complete it." Knight's voice sounded somewhere to the left of me.

"Look at her!" Goddess, did I really look that bad? "You knew she was too weak for this and you let her anyways?" I could hear his hound coming forward.

I was so close. I could almost taste it.

Just a little more.

My beast slammed against the surface. Her painful howl filled my ears as the right side of my body broke. I gasped for breath. It was starting to get harder to breath. I didn't dare open my eyes again in fear of what I looked like.

'Pathetic.' Knight's snarl rang in my head. I had never broke the mind link between us. Fuck looking at myself, my eyes flung open and shot daggers into his back as he walked away from me.

I wasn't sure if the shift had finally finished of its own accord or if the anger that build up inside of me forced the change, but all I knew was that we were fully hound and we were going to kill that bastard.

*Temper, temper. Nothing gets you motivated like someone telling you that you can't do something. Soo, on that note. Do NOT vote or comment. You just cannot. I forbid it 😜*