xxiii

on the four hour drive to daegu that evening, jimin, hoseok and seokjin had to call their bosses, saying there was an urgent family crisis and that they wouldn't be able to go into work the next day. namjoon and yoongi didn't have work tomorrow, so they didn't need to call. 

on the almost silent road, jimin lay in the cargo bed, looking up at the sky, the chatter between the other two in the back of the pickup truck mere noise in the background as his thoughts roamed. 

jungkook hid the letter taehyung wrote to you, why? 

the only thing that could make sense to jimin is either jungkook accidentally opened the letter and put it safely away and forgot to tell the elder, or that jungkook for some reason was still insecure about taehyung and hid the letter, not knowing what worry it would cause. jimin hoped it was the former, and if it was the latter, they'd need to have a serious talk about their relationship when he got back. 

the evening sun was still high in the sky, threatening to set in the next few hours. jimin had to admit he was excited to visit daegu, he had never been and had heard good things from yoongi in the small amount of time he got to know him. he also learned from hoseok that if taehyung was at the butterfly trees, which they hoped he was, that he was more than likely staying in his old house, where his mother and younger sister lived. taehyung had never mentioned anything about a sister, which is why it came as such a shock to jimin when he heard this. 

"he's really protective of her." is all hoseok said on the matter. 

jimin let his mind explore, as music from the front of the truck  played and both yoongi and hoseok cuddled together in one of the many blankets on the cargo bed, singing their heart out to every song. jimin chuckled at the two, admiring their relationship. it seemed as if when they were together, they let their worries go and just enjoyed each other's company. as far as jimin gathered, ever since hoseok's little dinner party, the two had a thing going. nothing official, but anyone could tell the two really cared for each other. 

skip to a few hours later, and there was only around twenty minutes until they arrived at taehyung's old home. hoseok had to yell directions to namjoon, who's gps was completely broken. luckily, seokjin's data plan came to the rescue and for the rest of the journey, he was able to just use the maps app. jimin couldn't help but take in the scenery. growing up in busan, he was used to living near a nice beach and a busy city, but daegu was more countryside and small groups of towns. it wasn't too different from the cities in busan, just that they seemed to be more.. spacious. 

jimin let his hand hang out of the pickup truck, feeling the wind blow against his face. at that moment, he felt a sense of freedom. it was if with every gust of wind, it blew away his thoughts and worries, clearing his mind altogether. jimin didn't know how long he was in this trance, but he was snapped out of it when he felt the car come to a halt.

"we're here." hoseok announced, hopping out of the cargo bed whilst helping yoongi. jimin smiled as he also hopped out of the pickup truck. the sky was turning a dark blue colour, as the sun had just set, and because of this, the boys wanted to go to the butterfly trees as soon as possible to avoid walking around in the dark.

"from what i've been told, it's around the back of his house." hoseok said as he looked at taehyung's childhood home. he had visited once with taehyung when the younger's grandfather passed away, taehyung not wanting to return home alone. the elder had met his family, they seemed like kind people. 

taehyung lived in the more remote part of daegu. his home was a single detached two storey house, along with a large back garden and woodland behind that. the family grew a few of their own vegetables, as the nearest supermarket was a fifteen minute walk. not too far, but it was nice to have vegetables easily accessible. there was a car in the driveway of the house, indicating someone was home, most likely his mother, and possibly also his sister.