xiv

jimin woke up the next morning feeling somewhere between good and bad. since he didn't get completely shitfaced, he barely had a hangover, he just felt a little tired and had the smallest headache which would be sure to fade after he drank some water and ate breakfast. he checked his phone to see what time it was, and sighed when he noticed it was around twelve. he turned in the bed to taehyung but noticed he wasn't there. confused, jimin got up and got dressed, walking out to the kitchen where seokjin and namjoon were cooking.

"smells great." jimin smiled as he sat by the counter.

"yeah well, i figured we'd all need a decent breakfast so i just made some eggs and heated up the leftover rice and soup from yesterday." seokjin smiled.

"you're too kind." jimin laughed. "hey, have you seen taehyung?" jimin asked.

"we definitely heard him last night." namjoon winked, resulting in jimin blushing, and earning a smack from seokjin.

"he left around eleven to go to work." seokjin replied as he dished up the freshly made eggs.

"but seriously what the fuck you guys were so loud and- ow!" namjoon cried out as seokjin smacked him across the head again. jimin blushed violently and laughed at seokjin's actions. 

"guys! eat!" seokjin yelled out loudly before namjoon decided to help him out and bash two pot lids together. the noise made jimin wince as his microscopic headache reacted to the noise. soon enough hoseok's bedroom door opened and yoongi and hoseok walked out, yoongi dressed in one of hoseok's old t shirts and shorts.

"morning horn dogs." namjoon smiled which, to no one's surprise, earned another smack from seokjin.

"namjoon-ah i suggest you shut the fuck up." seokjin sent him a warning glare before namjoon bursted out laughing. it may have been funny, but namjoon also knew his boyfriend was deadly serious, and so he proceeded to shut up.

all of them sat down to have breakfast, some cherishing the food more than others, and some trying to drown the hangover within them more than others. when everyone was finished eating jimin thanked seokjin and hoseok for both individual meals before he got his things and left. he walked down to his car and sat inside for a moment, collecting himself before driving home.

when he arrived home, he parked his car in the usual space beneath the apartment building and made his way up to the apartment, suddenly remembering what jungkook had texted last night. he seemed hurt that jimin had decided to stay over at taehyung's, as if he wasn't allowed, even though in jungkook's eyes they were still together. 

the silver haired boy opened the front door to see jungkook lying on the sofa, mindlessly flicking through the channels on the tv.

"hey." jimin greeted as he dropped his keys in the bowl on the kitchen counter.

"hi." jungkook said plainly, before sighing and switching off the tv.

"everything okay?" jimin asked as he saw jungkook rise from his seat and let out an aggravated sigh.

"just peachy." jungkook deadpanned as he walked by the elder and into his room, closing the door forcefully. jimin furrowed his eyebrows at jungkook's behaviour; was he really that annoyed that he didn't text him?

jimin went into his own room and stuck his phone on charge as it had died on the way home. once it was charged enough to power itself on, it did just that, and jimin was left with two texts from taehyung which were sent around ten. jimin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion; how had he not read them before his phone died?

taehyung: so while u were asleep i kinda realised something that u may or may not think in return but i couldn't stop thinking about it soooo

taehyung: remember when we both drunkenly said we liked each other? i think i actually really do like you (even sober) and you may either think 'aw yes' or 'aw no' and either one is fine, but i just want you to know that from now on, whatever we do, i will have feelings attached. wether u return them or not is ur choice but i thought u should know. btw u look hella cute sleeping.

jimin held his breath momentarily. he completely remembers taehyung and him admitting their small feelings for each other, but he thought they had both just accepted that. now, jimin realises this is a bit more intense. taehyung had just admitted that he carried somewhat deep feelings for jimin (and yes, it was over text, but jimin was willing to overlook that). jimin knew himself that he had feelings, but he didn't know how to take this. did he still have feelings for jungkook? it was clear that jungkook was showing little interest in the elder, which is why he did what he did next.

jimin: i like you too. sober and hungover.

jimin stood back for a moment, throwing his phone on the bed. he wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do, since he hadn't taken long enough to think about it, but it was the first response to come to mind so he assumed it was right.

after all, the boy did really like taehyung, he knew he definitely liked his personality, and obviously his body, and the sex too, and he knew he liked him on a romantic level, but he didn't know to what extent. did taehyung want a proper relationship? or just a more intimate whatever the hell they were. so many thoughts went through jimin's head, but it wasn't until later on that night, around eight, that he got the answers he needed.

taehyung: hey just back from work

taehyung: i just read that now. that's great (: sorry for the awkwardness i'm just not used to this.

jimin smiled at the boy who could either be a complete sex god or a cute lil loaf of bread.

jimin: its fine,, does this mean we should like, date?

taehyung: i guess.. ew we're gonna be that couple

jimin: that couple?

taehyung: the ones who started off faking it to only actually date

jimin: fuck we're a cliché oh no

taehyung: ew cooties

jimin: such a fucking child smh

taehyung: cooties r real and they're here to infect #staysafe

jimin: #smh ~ child

taehyung: we're. the. same. age.

jimin: but i'm still like 3 months older so suck my toe

taehyung: i'll suck something else

jimin: i know u will cus ur a lil bitch

taehyung: oi fuck off

jimin: oi fuck me

jimin: i mean uh

taehyung: when n where

+++

i had to add a bitta texting in there

sooooOoOoOoOooo jungkook is being an emo stressed teen nd vmin are official ayyyy