xi

the next day jimin was supposed to go grocery shopping with jungkook, but he got called into work unexpectedly, so jimin had to go by himself. he was currently walking around the supermarket, looking at his list to see what he needed.

"okay, so i got the milk, butter, rice, oranges..."

"jimin?" jimin hears a deep voice behind him. the elder spins around to see taehyung standing with a small basket of groceries.

"hey, tae." jimin smiled.

"what's up? you haven't texted me in a while." taehyung smiled lightly, but jimin knew there was some emotion behind his face that jimin couldn't decipher.

"i've just been trying to help jungkook get over his breakup, it seemed pretty hard on him." jimin replied as he reached over to a shelf to pick up a small bag of mixed fruit.

"i saw him working in the café yesterday and he seemed pretty cheery." taehyung noted.

"yeah, he puts on a brave face like that." jimin replied calmly. taehyung nodded, he didn't know why but he felt an awkwardness between them, and he wasn't sure why.

"do you wanna come over later? Hobi hyung is having yoongi, namjoon and seokjin over for dinner since he's started trying out these new recipes. he wants as many people to try it as he can. hence why i'm picking up an excess of everything." taeyung laughed as he raised his basket.

"sure. sounds fun. what time?" jimin asked.

"around seven." taehyung replied kindly.

"see you at seven." jimin smiled before walking away. before he could even let out a sigh, hoseok came out from behind an aisle.

"how did it go? did he say yes?" hoseok asked as he studied taehyung's face.

"yeah, but he just seems more distant, i don't know why." taehyung groaned in irritation.

"it's probably just because he hasn't seen you since you were both drunk at a party. maybe he's embarrassed by his actions." hoseok shrugged. 

"he didn't do anything embarrassing though." taehyung sighed as he remembered the night. i mean yeah, they danced like idiots and drank too much, but they were dancing like idiots even when they were sober. he thought about the night more and more, and one thought came to his mind.

when we admitted we liked each other.

taehyung held his breath. could jimin have regretted what he had said? could he have possibly forgotten? the blonde took his bottom lip between his teeth, letting out his breath.

"you alright?" hoseok asked.

"yeah, fine." taehyung replied. he didn't want to think too much about it in case he was wrong, but he had a feeling he wasn't.

the two went back to their apartment, carrying the small amount of shopping they had bought. once inside, hoseok decided he would sleep for a little while, as it was only twelve and they didn't have to start getting the food ready until at least five. taehyung offered to put away the shopping, doing it quickly before retreating to his bedroom. he checked to see if he had any texts from jimin, which he didn't. it wasn't to his surprise, as the elder had somewhat stopped texting him.

meanwhile, jimin was at home, having only gotten in, and currently placing the groceries in the cupboards and the fridge. once he was done he decided to lounge around for a few hours, and before he knew it, it was half five. 

the elder decided to take a shower, cleaning himself up and getting an outfit ready. he assumed it would be somewhat casual since it was just friends trying out a new recipe from hoseok, but just in case, jimin wore black skinny jeans and a dark blue v neck t shirt. he styled his hair and put on a few rings to accessorize, and before he knew it, it was almost time to leave. he picked up his car keys from the kitchen and went down to his car with his phone in hand, but on the way was met with jungkook coming back from work.

"you look nice, where are you going?" jungkook asked.

"around to taehyung's, hoseok hyung's trying a new recipe and he wants me to try it." jimin smiled. jungkook's face immediately dropped.

"oh." he just mumbled as he looked to his feet.

"is that okay?" jimin furrowed his eyebrows as he spoke.

"i mean, i thought we could make dinner tonight but, i guess you can go." jungkook sighed, not looking jimin in the eye.

"no offence jungkook, but i don't need your permission." jimin laughed at his joke. what was meant to be a light hearted joke was not taken that way by jungkook, as he seemed to get angry.

"well whatever, just go then." jungkook said as he stormed off and walked into the apartment, closing the door kind of forcefully behind him. 

jimin shook his head, he didn't like when jungkook got all angry like this, it would remind him of when he used to not care about jimin because junho blinded him. jimin decided to try and shake off the small amount of guilt he felt and continued to make his way down to the car, where he got in and drove to taehyung and hoseok's house.

taehyung heard a knock on the door, and figured it must be jimin since everyone else was already here. taehyung would be lying if he said his heart didn't skip a beat at the look of jimin when he answered the door. the boy was dressed simply, but even then it took taehyung a minute to figure out how he looked so good. it was like park jimin's face was a brain teaser. 

"come in." taehyung smiled after he realised he had stared.

jimin stepped inside and breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed everyone else was dressed casually, making jimin neither underdressed nor overdressed. he took a seat down at the table, and taehyung sat beside him. everyone else was at the table chatting over small things,  and jimin easily joined the flow of conversation. before long the food was ready, and plated were served. jimin examined the food, seeing it was some form of seafood dish. 

"it's kkongchi-jorim." hoseok explained. jimin nodded, realising it was braised saury. 

everyone began eating and jimin had to admit, it was pretty good.

"hoseok this is really good." yoongi smiled as he stated between mouthfuls.

"thanks! i wanted to get better at cooking and i thought there'd be no better way than to cook for my friends." hoseok beamed.

"it's really good, but just know i'm still the number one chef. try and outdo me and you're toast." seokjin threatened. everyone laughed, and seokjin did also, but everyone knew he was deadly serious. seokjin was known for his talent of cooking, and for anyone to take away his chef title would be like trying to take a bone away from a very vicious dog. 

once the food was done hoseok just got some ice cream from the freezer and put it in a bowl, drizzling strawberry sauce over it and adding chopped fruit, not bothering to put effort into the presentation. everyone ate it deliciously, chatting and just talking about random things.

"so jimin, when did you and taehyung start dating?" yoongi asked. taehyung froze. he had forgotten that they were fake dating.

"uh, a few weeks ago." jimin smiled.

"you two are very discreet about it, i mean you don't even show affection at home. you can feel comfortable around us." namjoon pointed out. jimin nodded shyly, taking taehyung's hand in his own. this caused both boys to feel slight butterflies in their stomach, both assuming it was from the food. 

"you guys are so cute!" seokjin almost squealed. hoseok, being the only one apart from the two themselves that knew the relationship wasn't real, had to hold in his laughter. 

"the second i saw you two together in the store i saw the connection." yoongi commented before sipping the sparkling water he had been given. he was driving, so no wine for him. 

"oh really?" jimin raised his eyebrows, trying not to laugh and keep and straight face. jimin knew he was lying.

but what jimin didn't know,

is yoongi was actually telling the truth

he saw the admiration in either's eyes.

even if it wasn't obvious to them,

yoongi saw the connection.

+++

fillers are so b0ring i swear the next chapter will be better