vii

since taehyung's shift began an hour after jimin's, once the two had gotten ready and arrived at the shopping centre, taehyung just hung around the store jimin worked at until it was time for him to work. he watched the boy help customers and go to the back for sizes, but for the most part he was just on the tills. since it was only ten the shop wasn't too crowded, meaning jimin could stop and talk to taehyung for ten minutes at a time. the manager had no problem with this, since there was plenty of staff and the store wasn't busy. 

eventually taehyung had to make his way to the department store, so he gave jimin a hug goodbye and walked to his work. taehyung worked in shinsegae, but more specifically the gucci department. he was extremely lucky to get the job, he had always loved the brand and every time he made a sale he was extremely jealous of the people who made the purchase. his dream was to one day be able to afford that kind of stuff.

taehyung went about his day, dealing with all kinds of people, from rich and snobby to wealthy and down to earth, and even to normal every day people who just splurged once in a while. 

as taehyung was re stocking the shelves he noticed a familiar looking brunette walking around the department store, somewhat looking confused. figuring the boy was on his break and coming to find taehyung, the elder waved his hand in the air, catching the elder's attention. jimin looked at the sign above the younger's head which indicated where he worked, and once coming up to boy he grinned.

"you're gucci's bitch." jimin laughed and taehyung nodded in agreement, he wasn't wrong. 

"that i am." taehyung laughed. the two mindlessly talked before jimin had to leave to get back to his work, his lunchbreak coming to an end. taehyung smiled as the younger walked away. both of the boys got off around the same time, taehyung getting off thirty minutes later than jimin, so the elder promised to wait for him so they could just leave together. when jimin left, taehyung's co-worker and close friend yoongi strolled up to him.

"who was that?" the boy smiled as he saw jimin walk away. taehyung sighed in content.

"jimin." he smiled before deciding to go through the shelves and fix any displays that had been messed up throughout the day. yoongi helped, since he also worked in the gucci department.

"is he your boyfriend?" yoongi asked. "if not, he should be." yoongi commented which made taehyung blush slightly. 

"yeah, he is." taehyung smiled, having to remind himself it was only fake, that the beautiful boy was not his. 

"i've never seen you smile so much over someone." yoongi laughed. "usually you just fuck and duck." 

"he's different." taehyung said to yoongi, trying to slap himself out of it. he didn't actually have feelings for the boy, it was just so the elder could make jungkook jealous.

"i can tell, anyone who can make you smile like an idiot is a keeper." yoongi joked, although he wasn't wrong. taehyung had never been in a serious relationship for the fact he hated commitment, he hated being tied down and he hated the troubles that came with it. that's why taehyung didn't mind having sex with jimin to make jungkook jealous or become his fake boyfriend; because he didn't like relationships. 

when taehyung's shift finished, he left the store to meet jimin in the car, where the elder had been waiting for a half an hour. the younger got inside and jimin looked up, smiling and turning down his previously loud music.

"how was your day?" jimin asked as they hadn't seen each other since their lunch break.

"it was alright, a bit boring but normal. you?" taehyung asked. jimin started the car and pulled put of the parking lot, before replying with a similar answer.

"so while i was waiting for you my  friend namjoon texted that he was throwing a party, it's kind of a big one so all are welcome, would you wanna go?" jimin asked.

"wait, kim namjoon?" taehyung asked. jimin nodded, a bit confused as to how he would know the boy since namjoon surely would have brought it up. he and jimin were quite close.

"he's dating one of my friends, seokjin." taehyung smiled.

"you know seokjin? small fucking world." jimin laughed to himself before he continued to focus on the road ahead of them. 

"oh and in regards to the party, i was already invited, but sure i'd love to go." taehyung smiled, thinking back to earlier when he had seen the text from seokjin. the elder smiled as he concentrated on the road.

"great. uh, we're gonna have to act couple-y because ya know, jungkook and junho will be suspicious." jimin said.

"yeah, my friend yoongi's going as well and he thinks we're dating too so it would be a good idea to keep it up." taehyung laughed and jimin nodded. it was weird to have a fake partner, especially when it felt so real, which is probably why jimin was excited for the party.

you're gonna make jungkook so jealous.

+

park jimin always knew parties were jungkook's weak spot. junho and jungkook were notorious for being the best party guests and the most fun. jimin knew if he made it seem like he and taehyung were having more fun, jungkook's jealousy would fly off the charts. 

jimin had decided that for this party he would go all out, which is why on the way home to drop taehyung off, he stopped by the hairdresser's for a little bit. a last minute appointment and a lot of chemicals later, jimin left the place with dazzling silver hair, and taehyung with platnium blonde. since they both got paid earlier in the week, they decided to treat themselves. jimin couldn't deny that taehyung looked hot as fucking shit with his new hair, but those exact words had came from the younger's mouth in reaction to jimin's hair also. 

the next day jimin dressed himself in a low cut v neck black t shirt and tight blue skinny jeans along with some doc martens, extremely satisfied with how his new hair suited it. jimin was currently home alone as he knew jungkook was working until seven, and since the party started at eight, he would have to get dressed an junho's home which was much closer to namjoon's. that meant that jimin and taehyung could both show up and shock the younger, hopefully making him a bit jealous.

jungkook will be so jealous after this party- he'll be begging for you.

+++

because im a sadist lets leave it there muahahaha i need to shower so i cut it short soz will make it up somehow