xv

jimin decided the next morning after jungkook ate his breakfast in his room, that he should go talk to him. the shorter knocked lightly on the door, before opening it to see the boy eating a bowl of cereal on his desk while watching some random show on his laptop.

"kookie, can we talk?" jimin asked kindly. the younger turned around and his face managed to soften for a moment before he regained his angered composure.

"bout what?" he asked as he turned back to his laptop, seeming uninterested. jimin walked over to the boy, slowly closing down his laptop before sitting on the bed behind him. jungkook swiveled around in his chair angrily. 

"what?" he raised an eyebrow.

"i just wanna know why you're so mad." jimin asked lightly. he didn't want to take a stern tone to his voice in case jungkook blew up again.

"that's funny." the younger laughed.

"no, it's not." jimin began to take a slightly more serious tone. "why are you so angry?"

"maybe because you stayed out all night when you promised me you'd be home?" jungkook asked sarcastically. jimin furrowed his eyebrows at that response.

"i never promised i'd be home, it wasn't even intentional. even if so, why did it anger you so much?" jimin asked. he knew this had to be something deeper, maybe his breakup with junho.

"maybe because i don't like being lied to? you didn't even text me until like two in the morning." jungkook glared.

"okay... i'm sorry for lying to you? in my defense you've been out plenty of times before without telling me you weren't coming home." jimin raised his arms. he wasn't here to argue, but he had to defend himself.

"but you've always known i was with junho."

"and you knew i was with taehyung." 

jungkook seemed to get even angrier by that comment. his eyes took a darker shade of brown, if even possible, and his breathing got heavier.

"but you know junho." jungkook argued. jimin sighed, not this again.

"and you know taehyung. you've met him several times." jimin replied.

"he's not trustworthy-"

"oh and junho, the drug dealer who i didn't even know was a dealer is?" jimin chuckled bitterly at that. 

"jimin it's different-"

"no, no it's not. i'm sorry, if i hurt you by staying out last night without telling you sooner, but you do not get to decide which one of our partners is more trustworthy based on your-"

suddenly, jimin found himself not speaking. he had just stopped. it took him several seconds to realise why. because jungkook was kissing him.

the younger had leaned in and kissed jimin. the elder froze, this was what he wanted all these years and it was finally happening.

kiss back, you idiot!

jimin began to kiss back, slowly but surely, jungkook wrapping his arms around the silver haired boy's neck. the two's lips moved together in sync, before eventually both of them came up for air.

"that's why i was so angry." jungkook sighed as he looked into jimin's eyes. the elder was frozen. jungkook sighed, before continuing on with his words. "every time i saw you with taehyung, i felt angry. knowing you were happier with him than i was with junho. when junho and i broke up, i realised you were always there for me." jungkook smiled. jimin stayed still for a moment before replying.