xvii

jimin's alarm sounded rather early the next morning, the silver haired boy wanting to throw his phone across the room and sleep in for a few more hours. he got up and dressed, not showering since he had gotten up a little later than usual. he hated having early shifts but also appreciated that he got more time off because of them. either way he still slept at ungodly hours and was tired nonetheless, apart from the past few days where he's been going to bed early like a normal person.

before he knew it the boy was on his way to work, driving while listening to whatever popular song was on the radio. jimin generally didn't listen to music he loved while driving, because he feared the song would either be so emo he'd cry and blur his vision and crash, or the song would hype him up so much he'd start jumping around and crash and die.

after parking his car in the staff car park, the boy clocked into work and began his shift, getting ready to open up the store. the day flew by like usual, and soon enough it was his break time. unlike yesterday, he had coworkers to go to lunch with, like usual, and so all of them being cheap as fuck went to mcdonald's. they got their trays and sat down in the food court, each tucking into their respective meals.

"so how's life been, chim?" jimin's coworker, naena asked as she bit into her burger.

"a bit of a mess, actually." jimin laughed it off but his other coworker, hongsim, furrowed his eyebrows.

"what happened?" hongsim asked.

"i kinda had an unofficial relationship but then my roommate who i've liked for a while now finally gave me a chance and now we're dating and the unnofficial boyfriend is upset." jimin breathed out. he hated burdening others with his problems but he knew his coworkers were genuinely nice people who he could trust for some advice outside of his close circle. they could give him an outsider's opinion.

"oh! is it that one, uh.. -jungkook! did he confess his love?" naena asked as she batted her eyelids, picturing a romantic scenario.

"not exactly." jimin sighed.

"wait what do you mean by unofficial relationship? like, you've both been flirty and never said anything?" hongsim asked.

"no, kinda more like we hooked up to make jungkook jealous and we both kind of admitted feelings for each other, but then jungkook came into it." jimin admitted. saying it out loud he felt really shitty.

"okay wait- so how did jungkook express his interest in you if he didn't confess?" naena furrowed here lightly filled in eyebrows.

"he kissed me. then we just kind of became a thing." jimin replied.

"that sounds more like the unofficial relationship to me." hongsim breathed out.

"wait so let me get this straight- a guy who originally was used to make jungkook jealous developed feelings for you and you may have developed some back, the guy confessed to you and then jungkook kissed you, who you've liked for what, two years now?" naena asked quizically.

"it's a bit more complicated but yeah. i don't know how to make things okay with taehyung, the guy who confessed." jimin sighed. he hated the stress of this but he couldn't just sit on a guilty conscience.

"in my honest opinion jimin, i think you're blinded by success. i think you have it in your mind that because you've liked jungkook for so long, you think it's a bigger success to date him after finally winning him over, rather than go with the guy you're only starting to get to know." naena said. jimin contemplated it. yes, it seemed that way, but jimin did have legitimate feelings for jungkook, and he's pretty sure they're stronger than the ones he started developing for taehyung.