23. Advice

Tom Holland

The first press event finished. There was more to come, including photo shoots and more interviews. Today, I was doing a photo shoot with Zendaya and in a week, I had one with Zara. On top of all of this, there were two press locations that we were visiting and a whole bunch of interviews lined up.

I got to the photoshoot place early and was getting my hair and makeup done. Once I was finished, Zendaya and I had a bit of downtime while the photographers prepared the set before the shoot actually began. 

"I can't believe that the movie is coming out so soon!" she exclaimed.

"I know. It makes me nervous, you know? I haven't been a part of a huge movie like this ever," I muttered. Thinking about the movie made me feel both excited and nervous. This is going to be huge. It's Marvel. I am a part of the MCU. It still sounds like a crazy idea to me because when I was younger, I'd watch all of the movies and even read the majority of the comics.

Zendaya put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't stress about it, Tom. It is nerve-wracking and seems like a lot of pressure, but believe me, once you see how happy the movie makes people, you'll be extremely proud of the film. It'll all be worth it."

"I hope so. To be honest, I'm scared of what people will have to say about the movie. Marvel has created some of the best movies and they almost never flop. Plus, they have other Spider-Man's to compare it to... Toby and Andrew's versions were insane. They were movies that I grew up watching and grew to adore, and I hate how the media could drag any of us for our portrayals," I confessed.

"Yeah, that's understandable, but you can't have the media affect you in this industry. Or at least not let it affect you that much. It's a good thing that you had your feature in Civil War, because that really sparked a lot of interest in the audience and it seems like people like your character and you. You know, you probably have more support out there than you think."

I sighed, "That's true. But it's still overwhelming," I said. Sometimes, all I could think about was Zara's words about all of the pressure that she'd have to take on once she was officially going to work with Disney. Lately, it seemed like that was all I was experiencing now.

"You're right, it is a lot. But everyone who goes into the movie industry experiences it. You just have to remember to stay true to yourself. Don't let the pressure or the media influence you too much. Honestly, you're handling it perfectly," she said and smiled at me.

"Thanks. How about you, how are you holding up with all of this? Disney to Marvel, huh?"

"It's definitely a lot of pressure and overwhelming. A lot of people are counting on me to do well, but in the end, it's like I've done the best that I could've done whether they like it or not," she said while shrugging.

Our conversation was put to a halt when someone from the crew called us over. 

------------------------------------------------------

After the shoot, Zendaya and I drove to this coffee shop where we both got coffees and sat down.

"Damn, look at these shots," said Zendaya. The photographer sent her a couple previews of the photos before they were actually published.

 The photographer sent her a couple previews of the photos before they were actually published