1. That's a Wrap

Zara Costanza

"And cut!" yelled Kevin McKidd just as I finished my scene. "Great job, everyone, that's a wrap for today!"

 "Great job, everyone, that's a wrap for today!"

That's a wrap for today. I frowned. That was the last scene that I'm ever going to shoot on Grey's Anatomy. I'm going to miss all of my fellow cast members and the entire crew as well. As I stood there taking it all in, I was tackled with hugs from Caterina Scorsone and Camilla Luddington. Between the three of us, tears were already pouring. Here comes the water works.

"Why do you have to go so soon? I'm going to miss you so much, Zar!" Camilla said her head was resting on my light blue scrubs. I could hear her crying and sniffling on my shoulder.

"I know! Who's going to be Amelia's protegee now that you're going to be gone," Caterina groaned, hugging me even tighter.

I used the lab coat which belonged to my character on the show, and rubbed my eyes with it. I then remembered that I had makeup on, causing a bunch of different colours to rub off onto the white lab coat.

In the corner of my eyes, I could see Shonda Rhimes, the creator of the show, stand on a stool and begin to shout, "Hold on, everyone! Today is Zara's last day of shooting, so could we all please give her a huge round of applause for all of her hard work!"

I began to laugh, as everyone began to applaud. Camilla and Caterina both pulled back and smiled at me. I figured it would be nice to say something, so I created a quick impromptu speech.

"Thank you, everyone, who helped me bring Emily Carstairs to life! And of course all of the amazing cast for giving me this awesome experience! Obviously, huge thanks to Shonda, I literally owe you my life for giving me this opportunity. I wish you all the best in the future and I hope to reunite with you guys sometime soon. I'll miss you all!" I said, with even more tears streaming down my face at this point.

Everyone had hugged me and said goodbye. It was sad to be leaving, but I was also glad to be moving on.

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I could see so many pictures from the last night. All of my colleagues had posted pictures or wrote kind tweets on social media.

I smiled and remembered the day we had taken the photo. It was one of my first days on the set and Ellen had cracked a funny joke.

Instagram

Ellen posted a photo of her, Sandra, and I laughing on set. 

Tagged: ZaraCostanza

ellenpompeo : This one laughs at anything and everything WHILE filming. You will be missed so so so much

Comments

ZaraCostanza : Thank you so much, Ellen! You have no clue how much you've taught me within the past year. I can still remember when I used to watch Grey's 6 years ago and I'd think about how I envied you because you got to be an actress AND a doctor. I'M SORRY YOU AND SANDRA MAKE ME LAUGH 😂 xxxx

GACast: why is the cast so cute... best cast ever xD

christinjackol: ok but Zara is actually one of the most UNDERRATED ACTRESSES. She deserves the world

tristan187: the girl in the middle she kinda perky tho
-----

Catarina posted of the both of us on set.

Tagged: ZaraCostanza

caterinascorsone : It's crazy that Derek Shepherd was my brother on-screen and then I had a brilliant protegee ZaraCostanza. The amount you have accomplished is incredible. Rock on for being 19 🤘🏼

Comments

ZaraCostanza : thank u tons, i love u tons, Cat!!

-----

I liked and commented on many more posts. After reading and viewing other posts, I was in tears again. This cast was literally so kind and welcoming to one another. They were literally my second family. Despite being sad about leaving the Grey's cast, I was excited to for a new announcement to be released in a few days time. 

Over the next few weeks, I was going to be shooting for a new movie...