16. Interviews

Zara Costanza

I see interviews as going in 2 ways: it goes really well and you genuinely have a nice time or the complete opposite. 

Interviewers generally ask the same question, so it gets quite repetitive, but it becomes easier to answer those questions. Sometimes, they would switch it up and we'd get to play a game which was always fun. 

My makeup and hair were already done and my dressing stylist gave me a stylish outfit to wear. I wore black fashionable overalls on top of a plain white t-shirt with black heels. My light brown hair was lightly curled so that it was wavy and my makeup was done not too extravagantly.

The first interview that I was doing was alone and then I had several group interviews next.

"Hi, Zara. How are you?" The interviewer asked, shaking my hand.

I grasped onto the male's firm hand and shook it. "I'm doing good. And yourself?"

"Pretty great. If you don't mind, just have a seat on that chair to your left," he instructed. I sat down on the comfortable leather chair. "If you're ready, we can begin."

"Sure. Let's do this," I said excitedly.

The interviewer sat down and introduced himself to the camera. He said his name, Greg Huff, and then introduced me.

"Today, I'm here with Zara Costanza!"

I waved and said hello to the camera.

"Congratulations on Spider-Man: Homecoming. The trailer looked amazing and I personally can't wait to see it!"

I smiled, "Aww thank you! I can't wait to see it too. Among myself, Tom, Zendaya, Jacob, Laura, and Tony, none of us got to see the trailer any earlier. So it was as much of a surprise to us when we saw it as it was to you."

"Oh wow... was it all green screen or did you actually have a few proper sets?"

"Yeah, so the majority of filming was done in the studio. I mean, there were some sets in the studio that were really well-made. There was the Washington Monument scene which was a huge set and pretty much looked real. Then there were a lot of school sets. Actually, now that I think of it, there were a lot of sets."

"That's awesome! So the Washington Monument was recreated for the movie?"

"Part of it. Mainly just the top part because that's what Spider-Man climbs in the trailer,  but it wasn't actual stone. I don't know how they did it, but it seemed so real," I replied.

"Do you think that you could tell us a little bit about your character?" the interviewer, Greg asked, giving me a hopeful face.

I clenched my teeth together, "I can only tell you a little bit otherwise Marvel will kill me. But, her name is Zoey. She's Peter Parker's best friend alongside Ned."

I could see a few people from Marvel that were behind the camera giving me a warning look. "Okay, there's a few people behind that are giving me a look, so I'm going to assume that I've said enough."

Greg began to laugh, "Dang, they must be really strict about this stuff."

"Oh, trust me, they are. Tom almost slipped up the other day and he was telling me he thought he was going to be in huge trouble..."

Greg laughed and then we continued on with the interview. "So, you just graduated, correct?"

"Yes," I answered.

"Well, congratulations! Where did you go to school?"

"I live in Canada, so I went to school there."