10. Blank

Zara Costanza

I returned to the shooting studio after coffee with Gina.

My makeup artist and hairstylist had done their job; I was all glammed up. Now, it was up to me to bring my character to life on-screen.

Although, after coffee with Gina, I had no desire to film. At the moment, it felt like I had no inspiration or passion to act.

I didn't want to film the scene that I had been looking forward to filming for so long. I felt guilty for wanting to decline the role. I hate the fact that Disney wants me to do it. This isn't like any other role that I've ever had... I've had to audition for Spider-Man, Grey's Anatomy, and Spy Kids. 

To any other person in the industry, if I declined the role, I'd be considered crazy. I couldn't imagine how disappointed my family and friends would be. 

How could I be declining Disney? No one does that. 

Sure, it would be life-changing.

Sure, it would be good for my career.

Sure, I'd be missing a huge opportunity.

No big deal.

I tried to brush off the ideas as I walked onto the set. I spotted Jacob, Harrison, and Tom chatting amongst themselves.

Harrison called me over and I approached the three boys.

"Zar, are you ready to kick Tom's ass today?" Harrison asked. Even he seemed more excited than me to shoot. Then, I remembered that we were shooting the scene in which my character, Zoey Fields was all worked up and angry at Peter. For a few days now, I have been looking forward to shooting it because I got to yell at Tom for fun. This was my character being badass. Now, not so much because I didn't have the energy to do it.

"Yeah, I can hardly wait," I said trying my best to sound excited. I plastered a smile on my face and tried to focus on getting into character. Jacob and Harrison continued talking about something, but I wasn't paying attention. 

I could feel Tom's gaze on me. Perhaps he saw right through me.

"Are-are you alright?" He asked quietly so that only I could hear. 

I gave him a reassuring look, "Yeah-yeah. I'll be fine, don't worry about me."

"It's just you-"

Before he could finish his sentence, we were called onto the set. 

I walked onto the set and got into my position and so did Tom. The scene was our two characters standing on a balcony, having a serious conversation. My character was supposed to be yelling and all angry at Peter. I had been so excited for this scene because not only did the audience get to see more of my character's personality and how she stands up for herself, but I got to yell at Tom. 

The cameras were all set up and we were ready to shoot.

"Alright, you two ready? Make sure you give that burning anger that you've been wanting to release, okay Zara?"

I nodded in return to Jon. He then faced Tom and said, "And Tom, Peter should be feeling guilty and almost scared. Have fun with it. Remember, you're two teenagers," Jon reminded us.

He walked towards the cameras and called, "Ready, and ACTION!"

SCRIPT

EXT. (NIGHT): ROOFTOP OF PETER PARKER'S APARTMENT.

ZOEY FIELDS and PETER PARKER stand on the balcony, in silence. Both in frustration and pity.