24. Crazy

Tom Holland

Zara, Laura, Jacob, Zendaya, and I were doing interviews all day today together, meanwhile, Harrison tagged along. 

Since this morning, I've had only one thing on my mind: how am I supposed to tell Zara how I feel? Today definitely is not the right day since everyone is going to be around us, and I highly doubt that I'll have a moment alone with her. As each day went by, it seemed like this weight on my shoulders only grew.

I know that if I don't tell her, I'm going to regret it because, after the press tour, it's going to be hard to see her with our busy schedules. And she deserves an explanation in person, not on the phone. 

I wish it was something easy to do. If I scream it across the room, at least she'd know. 

The five of us sat on chairs in front of a camera. I was in the middle, and to my right was Jacob, and left was Zara. Laura and Zendaya sat on the ends. As Zara sat beside me, I could feel the weight on my shoulders pile up. I took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" Jacob asked, nudging my shoulder with his.

I laughed nervously, "Yeah, yeah... all good."

The interviewer introduced themselves and checked with the other crew members to make sure that all the technical stuff was working. 

Once the cameras were on, I put on a smile, and we were all introduced to the camera. Afterwards, the questions began. 

"How can you guys relate to your character in real life? Maybe how well you did in school or their personalities?"

We all glanced at each other to see who was going to talk first, and then Zendaya began. "I think for the most part, we all relate to our characters pretty well.Like for me, Michelle is very intellectual and mysterious. I think I consider myself an intellectual as well. When I was in school, I was never exactly labeled as 'cool'. I used to be extremely shy and it took a while for me to get over it, and I still am. This is the first movie where I made a big effort to get to know the cast," Zendaya said laughing. "I think that all of us cannot relate to how we did in school. Maybe with the exclusions of Zara and Laura," said Zendaya. Jacob and I laughed and agreed. 

"I did pretty well in them. Except for calculus. If you gave me a problem, I wouldn't be able to solve it," said Laura.

"I loved school, so I studied. Like a lot. So, I didn't do awfully, but I was never labeled the 'smartest person'," Zara responded.

"I did alright, actually. I didn't do well on the tests and all of that, but I did really well on the final exams," I added. All I remembered was that school was hell. "Unlike Zara, I hated school. It was terrible for me."

"Eh, well you either like school or not, right? And what about your character's personalities?" Asked the interviewer. 

"Tom is Peter Parker. Like I don't think I've ever seen someone be so similar to their character. He's the same when the camera is rolling and when it's off ," said Jacob.

"Hey, it makes the job much easier for Tom," the interviewer added, causing all of us to laugh and agree.

"Totally! The only thing different about them is I think Tom is more confident when he's talking to girls than Peter is," said Zendaya.

I raised my eyebrows immediately in confusion, "Talking to girls? Really?" I asked, with everyone laughing. "That's definitely a first."

"Anyways, I never really liked science. I think I'm less like Peter Parker, but more like Spider-Man, if that makes any sense. Like I'm not a science nerd at all, but I'm probably as weird as him. What about you guys?" I asked, looking at Zara, then Jacob.