5. Comic-Con

Zara Costanza

SDCC-San Diego Comic-Con

I have never been to Comic-Con or San Diego ever in my life. According to Tom, Comic-Con is always really fun. It's full of surprises as many movie trailers get released or potential movies get mentioned. On top of that, tons of famous and admirable actors make an appearance at the event.

Gina, my manager, gave me a call earlier, telling me that I would be answering a lot of interview questions and attending many Q and A's. I didn't mind interviews but don't get me wrong, sometimes being asked the same question over and over, can get a little redundant.

As I got ready for the event, I was preparing myself to answer questions that may come up. I was a little bit worried because Marvel has given us several strict rules that intertwine with confidentiality agreements. I'm not permitted to reveal anything about the movie. 

I feel nervous to attend these panels because I've never had to be selective about what I said about any films that I've been in. To be fair, I've never really done many interviews since I never really had a big role in any of the films that I was featured in. 

My makeup and hairstylist worked their magic. My hair was straightened and was left so it would just flow naturally. My makeup was quite light, particularly with accents on my eyes. I wore a baby blue suit. My white heels matched my top. I wore a silver necklace with a pendant and a matching bracelet. 

I stared at myself in the mirror. I love this look. The blazer made me feel empowered and confident, ultimately lessening the anxiety that I felt for the panels. I took a few deep breaths and walked down to the hotel lobby, where I was escorted by a security guard to the car. 

As I exited the hotel, there were a handful of fans at the entrance. I smiled and tried to say hello to as many people as I could.

The fans are always amazing, I love them all. I feel beyond grateful for the support that I've received, but fame itself was never something that I desired. It's one thing to say hello, take pictures, have a nice conversation with a fan, but it can be overwhelming. I find it uncomfortable and this feeling of lack of security and privacy when people follow me around or persistently take photos of me while I'm doing something human

However, so far, I've rarely had that happen to me, but I could only imagine what it's like to be RDJ or Justin Bieber. From first-hand experience just talking to someone like RDJ, has shown me that this career is rewarding and exciting, but of course, has a trade-off. It's difficult to handle fame when you don't seek it. 

Fans were screaming my name and saying hello. I began trying to ask how people's days were going and signed as many things as I could. 

"Oh my gosh, Zara, I'm such a huge fan!" Exclaimed a girl who was only a few inches away from me. She had one hand clasped over her mouth and was full-on sobbing. She looked like she was only a few years younger than me (probably around 16).

"Aww, thank you so much! Please, don't cry! What's your name?" I asked, smiling at her.

"An-Andrea. Would it be alright if I got a picture with you?" she held out her phone to me.

"Of course!" I took the phone and quickly snapped a picture of the two of us.

"Thank you so much! I loved your role in Grey's by the way!"

I took notice of the shirt she was wearing. It was a plain white t-shirt with a photo of the entire Grey's Anatomy cast. "You're so sweet, thank you! I love your shirt!"

Andrea began to wipe away her tears with her hand. "Meeting you has literally been my life dream!"

"Aww, that's so kind, thank you so much for the support! Where are you from?"