20. A New Chapter

Zara Costanza

The Disney recording studio was huge. It made me wonder what it would be like to go on set. Would it be as huge as the Marvel studio in Atlanta?

Today was a unique day because I was going to be meeting one of my co-stars in the movie, Ansel Elgort. I was excited to meet him because I was actually a huge fan. We were going to be singing a duet together for the movie. 

Despite all of the singing practice that I've been doing, I still feel nervous to record. My confidence is low because singing is not my forte for movies. I've only done one musical and even that was when I was probably around 10 years old.

I got to the recording studio and was brought to a recording room, where there were two microphones and headphones. I greeted the people who were going to be working the sound systems and examined the space around me.

A few minutes later, a tall guy with brown hair entered the recording room. The one and only, Ansel Elgort. My heart dropped. He was even more good-looking in real life. I constantly told myself to keep it together, but my inner fangirl was screaming inside, and would soon get the best of me.

"Hi, I'm Ansel," he extended his hand.

I shook his hand, "Hey, I'm Zara," I noticed that his eyes were even dreamier in person.

"It's great to finally meet you. When I heard you were going to be in the movie, I knew I had to take it. You've been acting since you were like 10, right?"

"Yeah, it all began with the Spy Kids movie. I've got to admit, I'm a fan of your work," I said.

"Oh, gee, thank you! To be completely honest, I've seen you on Grey's as well. My girlfriend always has it playing when we're at home almost all of the time."

A part of me died when he said, girlfriend. I didn't know that he had a girlfriend. "That's awesome! Ansel, I'm going to say this now before we actually begin recording. I'm not much of a singer. So when you hear my voice, try not to wince."

Ansel began to laugh. "Don't wince at my singing either, deal?"

"Deal," I agreed with finality in my voice. "Besides this musical that I did when I was little, I only sing in the shower, if I'm being honest. But those singing coaches really got me to channel the musician inside of me."

"I get it. I can't believe this is legit, though. We're going to be a part of Disney," he added while examining the studio.

"I guess. I'm quite nervous. I was watching Anastasia the other day. I thought that it was a Disney movie, but it's not."

"Apparently Disney bought it a few years ago. They must have been planning this for a while. I knew I had to take the role when I was offered it. I mean, it's Disney," Ansel said with ease. It must've been really easy for him to accept the role.

I sighed, "Yeah, well for me, it took a little convincing." I thought about the amount of time I spent with Tom going through the entire folder of paper.

"Seriously? My manager told me about it and I was like when do we start shooting? I was so excited."

I laughed, "Yeah, I guess. Shooting seems fun. It's just the amount of pressure that we're going to have to handle after this is what scares me. Little kids looking up to you as a role model... it's Disney. We're going to have our own dolls..." saying it out loud made me feel even more scared.

"Okay, well when you put it like that, it sounds scary. But I guess it's a risk you have to take in every movie. Just imagine how happy they will be and from their childhood, they'll know you as a princess," said Ansel. He was right.