"How about you go jump off a cliff?" I reply calmly.

"Look here, no one talks back to me and when I say no one, I mean no one." he grips my wrist and forces me to stand up.

"Guess I'm the first then," His grip tightens and I can feel my finger tips starting to tingle.

"Okay, slut, you are going out with me whether you like it or not," he growls at me, spit covering my face. Someone rips Gloss from me and I rub my aching wrist.

"Why are you annoying Kat? What happened to Ashley? And Veronica? And Lena and June and Carla and Ruby and Katniss?" Cato asks and I realise, in that moment, that Gloss is a lying, cheating player.

"Children! We have a new student, Kat! Please make her welcome! Kat, can you please play your choice of musical instrument?" Miss Octavia chirps. I walk up the steps, my wrist still sore, and start to sing.

"I know I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

And it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
Tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

Who do you think you are?

Who do you think you are?"

"Katniss?" Gloss and Cato ask at the same time.

"Took you long enough." I retort. Cato starts to try and hug me but I'm still unsure about him. I run down the steps towards the doors but Gloss grabs onto my sore wrist. I struggle in his strong grip until I hear a loud snap! I scream in pain, Gloss lets go of my arm and I sprint to my car.

I run and run until I get to my car and collapse in a pile of flesh, bones and tears. A pair of strong arms encircles my waist and pulls me into a warm chest. I would know this chest and these arms anywhere and, unlike what I thought, they make me feel safe.

"Hello, Cato," I croak, tears thick in my voice. "I'm sorry I ran."

"From what, exactly?" He questions.

"For when I first ran from you that day at the beach and just then. Running is the only thing I know how to do."

"Do you think there is a chance for an 'us'? Because I would venture into the darkness if you were waiting in the stars for me," Cato whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"I believe that in a realtionship, you can't help but ruin the other person. It just depends whether it is good or bad. So, to answer our question, I do think threr could be an 'us'." The next thing I know is Cato's lips on mine. It's like they were meant to be there, like they were made to be on mine.

We kiss, well, more like makeout, for a minute or so until the throbbing in my wrist reaches my brain. I pull away.

"Can you take me to the hospital now, boyfriend?"

"Certainly, girlfriend." We drive to the hospital and I am rushed to the X-Ray room.

The doctor later tells me I have a broken wrist and that it needs to be in a cast for 6 weeks. I choose a white water-proof one and then we leave.

I get back home and all of my friends are there, even Gloss. Prim and Clove engulf me in a hug first then my friends (minus Gloss) give me a group hug. I grab Cato's hand and they all give us looks that say 'Cute!' or 'Finally!' or 'Aww!' or "We are talking about this later!'.

So I tell them about what happened and they stay over for a sleep over except for Gloss because a.) I hate him and b.) he broke my wrist.

That night, I fall asleep in Cato's arms, feeling truly safe.