CHAPTER 17

Cato’s P.O.V.

I am such an idiot! Katniss has lost her memory because of me! Me! The guy that said “I love you”. Maybe it’s a good thing she won’t remember me.

We walk into Katniss’ room and she sits on the hospital bed. Even with a massive bandage on her head, even with dried blood on her cheek, even with her pale face, she still looks gorgeous.

Here we go.

Katniss’ P.O.V.

A whole bunch of people walk in. Who are these people and why have they been crying.

“Hi Katniss.” A red headed girl says.

“Hi? Do I know you?” she bursts into tears as something in my head clicks.

“Oh Annie. Come here.” Annie looks shocked but walks into my arms. Why was she so shocked?

“Hey guys! One question. Why am I here?” I ask once Annie walks away.

“You remember us?” Gale asks.

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I? you are Gale, dating my best friend and awesome cousin, Clove. That’s Finnick and he is dating Annie. That’s Peeta, Glimmer and Marvel, Johanna and…someone’s missing.” I rattle.

Cato steps forward.

“Oh, hi Cato! But there is still one person missing. Oh! I know who!”

Cato’s P.O.V.

I step forward from the shadows when Katniss says there is one person missing.

“Oh, hi Cato! But there is still one person missing. Oh! I know who!”

“Who?” Clove asks.

“My boyfriend!”

“Yeah, I’m right here.” I say.

“No silly. Gloss!”

I never knew my heart could break more than when I heard the crack of bone when the hammer I threw hit Katniss but knowing she thinks Gloss is her boyfriend. I don’t know if I will ever glue the pieces back together.