CHAPTER 12

Cato’s P.O.V.

I wake to something tickling my side aka my weakness. I start trying to shake the thing away my lifting my chest up and down. It doesn’t work.

Ugh, I just want to sleep! I think. I pull the covers up and Katniss’ arm. I shake my head at her ways of waking me up. Wait! How did she know my weak spot? Only Clove, my family and I know about it.

I roll over to face where Katniss is lying on the right side of the bed to see that she is fully asleep. Her lips brought together so she is breathing through her nose, her arm is still around me and small bangs are falling from the bun on top of her head. She’s so cute. And she’s all mine.

I probably stare at her for 5 minutes, just admiring her beauty, until she starts to stir. But she doesn’t wake up. She flops onto her side and retracts her arm from my torso. Katniss thrashes slightly, small tears leaking from her eyes. She begins murmuring.

“No…Don’t…Don’t go back…Dad…NO!” she releases an ear piercing scream, goes back to the murmuring then screams again.

“DAD! NO! DAD! COME BACK TO ME! NOOO!” all our friends come rushing in when they here screaming again. I don’t know what to do.

“What’s happening?” I ask Clove and Gale as they are the closest to Katniss.

“I don’t know.” Clove says.

“I do. We need to wake her up, now.” Gale answers. I shake and start yelling her name.

“Katniss! Wake up! Wake up baby! KATNISS!” I yell. She bolts upright and her eyes dart around the room frantically, she’s terrified. Katniss looks at me and bursts into loud sobs heavy tears. I grasp her fragile body in my arms and she sobs into bare chest. Everyone sits on the bed or on the chest at the foot of the bed.

“Katniss, baby, what happened?”

“N-Nightmare.” She croaks. Nightmares?

She calms down after a few minutes begins to tell us what happened.

AUTHORS NOTE

soz about the shortness but i want to do kat's pov when she explains what happened... anyone read divergent? i finished insurgent yesterday and cried like a LOT! some o the chapter were really sad, like when tris said "i love you" to tobias and he was like "say it again" and tris said" tobias, i love you" and he said "i love you too" i cried and was like 'FINALLY!' talk to me if you are divergent but dont say anything nout allegiant cause i havent been able to read it yet. <3 Claire