CHAPTER 11

Katniss’ P.O.V.

We all finish up breakfast and clean up then head to our rooms to get ready for the beach.

I pull out my blue bikini, denim short and the orange top. I change quickly and leave my hair down.

Cato sits on his bed with green board shorts. I can’t help but stare at his bare chest.

“Like what you see? Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” I quickly grab my phone and take about 20 pictures.

He starts laughing at my rush to photograph his body.

“Does this mean that I get to take pictures of you too?” I nod. He takes a few pics of me and we both take a few of us together then we head downstairs.

“Just wait till we get to the beach and you get to see my bikini.” I whisper to Cato and he starts walking just that bit faster. I giggle at his boyish attitude.

We make the 5 minute walk to the beach right near my boyfriend’s house and it’s empty. My boyfriend. I smile at the thought.

“What are you smiling about? You’ve smiling like a goof for the past minute or so.” Johanna asks.

“I, uh…was just…thinking about…my boyfriend.” I blush and stutter and I spot Cato grin at me, with a small streak of pink on his cheeks.

“LET’S SWIM!” Finnick screams.

“Of course Fish Boy would want to swim.” I mutter softly and Johanna chuckles.

I strip off the shorts and shirt and stand straight to see Cato staring at me. He walks over to me and grabs my waist.

“You look beautiful.” He says genuinely. “Pity your look is going to be ruined.” He states and kisses me but I push him away.

“What-“ but I get cut off by Cato lifting my up above his head and starting towards the waves that crash onto the sand.

“CATO JACOB KNIGHT! PUT ME DOWN! HELP! ANYONE HELP! GUYS?” but my ‘friends’ just shake their heads.

“Love you.” And I get chucked into the salt water. Let’s play a trick on him.

I open my eyes and dive deeper into the ocean. It’s hard to see but I can still make out Cato’s tanned legs starting to move around while he searches for me. I swim around behind him and pop my head out of the water.

“KATNISS!” he screams.

“BOO!” I shout and jump on his back.

It takes him by surprise and he stumbles a few steps then whips around to face me. His cheeks are blotchy and his eyes red. He’s been crying.

“Oh, Cato. I’m so sorry. I didn’t know you react that way.” I pull him in for a hug.

“Don’t do that ever, ever again. Okay Katniss? If you died, I don’t know what I would do. I love you.”

“I love you too. Come on babe, let’s go sit down for a bit.”

For the rest of the day, we just sit, eat, talk and swim. We finally decide to go back to the house after the sunset and Annie literally has to pull Finn out of his “home” as he calls it.

We rush upstairs shower and get changed, eat a dinner of honey mustard chicken and rice then went to bed because we were all pooped. I curl up into Cato’s arms.

“I love you Kat, my girl with the fire.”

“I love you Cato, my boy with the sword.”

And with that, I fall into a peaceful slumber, protected by the boy I love.