CHAPTER 19

Gloss’ P.O.V.

Yes! Take that Cato! I got the girl! I always win! Sure, I only want her for her hot body and to have her slung around my arm and will probably dump her once I take her innocence. Then Cato can try and make her trust guys again.

Katniss drags me to her bed and falls asleep as soon as she lies down. It’s so tempting but I’m no rapist. No, I prefer the girls to scream my name when they are awake. Or drunk.

 I sit down next to her on my bed and text my best mate; Brutus. He always helps me with my little missions.

To: Brutus

Hey mate. You know Katniss? New girl? Well, she went with my bro and then she had some accident or whatevs n now she thinks I’m her bf. Wil take her in 2 weks.

I press send and lie down next to Katniss, pulling her close to me, and fall asleep.

Clove’s P.O.V.

I walked into Kat’s room to see her cuddled with Gloss. Man he’s annoying! I need to get her away from him. Maybe find his true intentions.

I see his phone on the nightstand. I tiptoe out of the room and scroll through his texts and find one to a guy called Brutus explaining what he really wants her for.

I grab my phone and tell everyone to get over to Katniss and I’s house. They arrive and I show them the text.

“Guys, how are we going to tell her?” I ask.

“What about we disguise his phone as Katniss’ then leave the texts open so she will see them when she unlocks the phone.” Peeta says.

“Brilliant idea buddy!” Finnick claps him on the back.

“Has anyone seen Cato?” Glimmer speaks up.

“No, but he would want to know about this.” Gale says.

“Maybe it’s better he doesn’t.  So he doesn’t go and rip Gloss’ head off before I do and he will give away or plan.” Johanna contributes.

“Okay, I’ll go change their phones around.” I say and go change the covers of the phones. They look identical. “Done.” I exclaim, coming back downstairs.

“Well we should get home. Tell us how it goes.” Marvel says and exits the house along with Glimmer, Peeta, Annie and Finnick.

“Bye babe, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” Gale kisses me and exits with everyone else.

While in bed, something is coursing in my veins for the first time in a while since Kat waked up.

Hope.

Hope that she will discover what a player Gloss is and go back to Cato. Hope she will remember what she was like before. Hope she will return to us. And I fall into the darkness.

Peeta’s P.O.V.

I couldn’t sleep at all last night. Gloss’ text kept going around my head. She had some accident or whatevs n now she thinks I’m her bf. Wil take her in 2 weks.

I wait around all morning waiting for a call from Clove signifying that the plan works. She finally texts me.

From: Clove

Hey guys. I woke up this morning real early to watch them and here are the results.

It didn’t work…