CHAPTER 26

Prim's P.O.V.

It's been forever since my sister left. I stopped counting after a month.

I've been getting teased about Katniss leaving at school. They say she left because of me. If Katniss was here she would beat them silly.

A tear slips down my cheek at the thought of Kat.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I walk to door and see Clove and some really pretty girl standing on the porch.

"Hey Prim."

"Hey Clove." I turn to the new girl. She seems to be crying.

"Oh Prim." She breathes as she starts to cry. This stranger pulls me into her arms. "Prim, it's me. Katniss."

I stand in shock but soon wrap my arms around my sister. We pull away after a while.

"Katniss, you've changed so much!" I say while wiping away my tears.

"Yeah, I had to. And I'm so sorry for leaving you Primmy. How have you been going?" Katniss asks me after we sit down in the lounge room.

"Because you left, these people at school have been bullying me. Telling me that you left 'cause of me." I look down at my lap. I can practically feel the anger radiating off of Kat.

"Show me where these jerks live." She says in a deadly low voice.

'Katniss, I don't think you should-"

"Clove, do you know where they live?" Clove nods.

"Come on, gather up the gang and ask Gale to bring my bow and fake arrows. I'm not going to kill them. Yet."

Clove texts the gang and waits with me in the living room while Katniss changes into a pair of black short shorts, an emerald green sports bra and dad's old leather hunting jacket and boots. The guys and girls come in a bit and Katniss walks down the stairs. Her hair is in a side braid and looks exactly like she did before, minus the hair colour and revealing clothes. She grabs the sheath of arrows and bow from Gale.

"Thanks Gale. Now, Clove. Where do these imbeciles live?"

"Just down the street."

Katniss gets a determined look in her eyes and jogs down the street. We all follow after her. The bullies are all playing on the street but stop when they see me.

"Oh, look! It's Blondie! Her own sister can't even stand the sight of her!"

This is all it took for Katniss to lose it. She pulls back an arrow and hits the group's leader, Jade, on her left shoulder. She then hits her minions, Luke and Willow, on the top of their thighs. Kat keeps on releasing her arrows at them until they fall to the ground in tears.

"DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO PRIM LIKE THAT AGAIN! YOU HEAR ME?! OR I WILL COME BACK WITH MY REAL ARROWS! HER SISTER LOVES HER WITH ALL HEART! YOU JUST WISH YOUR FAMILY LOVED YOU THAT MUCH! NOW RUN HOME BEFORE I START BASHING YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS LITTLE PIGGIES! GO!" they run off, scared out of their pants.

Katniss' P.O.V.

I can't believe those idiots would ever pick on sweet, innocent Prim! She's 14 but she's still my little sister. Hopefully they won't come near her ever again.

Gale and Johanna pull me aside from the group.

"Brainless? Is that you?" Johanna asks. I nod and she pulls me into a bone crushing hug. "I was right about the nickname."

I laugh slightly then hug Gale as tight as I can. I missed my hunting partner.

"Your still the best archer there is." He whispers into my hair.

"I missed you guys so much. I never meant to hurt you but I was scared for my life because of what Cato did."

"We understand Catnip. But you should of seen him after you left, we all took turns slapping him but Johanna full on beat him. He was black and blue for weeks!" he laughs but I only laugh half-heartedly.

"Hey, I'll give you guys my number. Seeing as I destroyed my other phone. In a fire." Johanna laughs a little and we switch phones. I type in my number and give it back. "Clove and Peeta already know. So does Prim and my mum will soon but you guys need to call me Kat around the others, especially Cato. Got it?" they nod.

"Let's go and get some pizza! Then we can go to a club!" Johanna suggests and we all retreat back to Prim's house.

Who's the next to find out?