¢нαρтєя тнιяту

¢нαρтєя тнιяту

A/N: I have decided to make this the last chapter as I want there to be a cliffhanger ending. I'm sorry if this isn't the ending you wished for, but I feel like it's for the best as I wish to move on to other projects. Thank you for all the reads and votes, I greatly appreciate it :) I've leave what happens after this up to you guys.

"We need to act fast. Zarkon's fleet has attacked once before, and they could easily do it again."

Sanvek and the others were gathered around a large circular table, with the older Galra placing a round device on the surface. From the center of the device, a hologram of the Galra ship's perimeter showed up.

"There was a brief point before we found this ship were Lillia, Kyrak and myself were contacted by a man going by the name of Jieroc." he said. "Like all of us here he disagrees with Zarkon's reign, and wishes to help in any way possible."

"Jieroc?" Thace wondered, he hadn't heard that name in so long. "I remember him! He's the ship's main doctor. In all my years, I never would have thought that he would be against Zarkon. What a surprise this is, indeed."

"I'm sure he has his own personal reasons for being against the Empire, Thace." Allura said, getting back to the task at hand. "We must prepare a plan as soon as possible. Sanvek, will you be staying to help us?"

"You do not have to ask such a thing, my family and I will gladly help you." Sanvek said, putting the holographic projector back into his pocket. "There are only two things that I wish for at the end of all this. One, a ruler that will set all of this madness right, and two, to return the Androxia name to its former glory. Zarkon took away everything we had, and I will not let him get away with it."

"Even if you do get justice Sanvek," Coran said, hands behind his back as he sighed. "It isn't going to bring anyone who lost their lives back."

"We are fully aware of that, Coran." Lillia added, feeling her heart break at the words she said. "We only want what is right. We do not want the same thing that happened to the Androxia's happen to anyone else. Nobody deserves the pain we went through."

"Of course not." Allura said in understanding. "I know your pain all to well, my lady."

"Please, call me Lillia." Lillia insisted, trying to be kind even in her sadness. "I am no longer known as Lady Androxia and I do not feel as though I am worthy of such a title. The Androxia's are long gone, except for my cousins and uncle. Death is not what I wish for on anyone, not even for someone like Zarkon."

"What!? Keith exclaimed, clenching his fists and surprising everyone with his outburst. "After all you've been through...he slaughtered your family, Lillia!"

"That may be so, but do you think that causing his death will make things any better!?" Lillia answered, showing bold ferocity for someone of her stature. "As Coran has said, it will not bring my family back! It will not bring anyone who has died at his hands back! Are you truly so blind with anger that you cannot see sense!?"

"Calm yourself, my dear." Sanvek spoke calmly. "Take a step back and breath. Don't say something that you will end up regretting."

"No, Uncle, I will not!" Lillia retaliated, her uncle stepping aside. "I shall stand and prove my point! You must not let anger make you lose sight of what is truly important! Death is far too easy for someone like Zarkon, it would only prove that nothing has changed! Do you wish to be as bad as him and sink to his level!?"

Keith couldn't control his rage any longer and lunged towards Lillia with a closed fist, only to be stopped by Thace.

"I keep to my vow that I will never hurt a child, so I shall tell you this only once." he said, brows narrowing in seriousness. "If you ever hurt Lillia or any of my family, I will never forgive you. Do I make myself clear, Keith?"

It took Keith a moment or two, but he eventually calmed down. "Yeah, you do. I'm sorry."

"Good." Thace released Keith from his hold, letting him think about his actions. "Let this be a lesson to not just you, but to everyone in this room."

Allura admired that Thace was protective of his remaining family, and was willing to do what he could to protect what he had left. Life hadn't been kind to him, just like it hadn't been to her.

Coming up with a plan was far from being easy. With everyone having different ideas on how to go about certain things, it was proving to be much more of a challenge than anyone had ever thought it would be.

"We don't have time to waste!" Sanvek said, slamming his hands on the table. "We need to take action now if our plan is to succeed!"

"We have to come up with a strategy first!" Pidge spoke, disagreeing with Sanvek's views. "We can't just go into battle without some kind of basic idea of what we're gonna do!"

"I say we follow Sanvek's plan," Rolo folded his arms, already getting sick to death of the debate. "Get this all over with."

"Are you not going to take this seriously, Rolo?" Allura couldn't believe the teenager. "I thought you were an honourable fighter!?"

"All I'm saying is that I agree with Sanvek." Rolo said, not wanting to get into a fight. "Don't get your underwear in a twist, Princess."

"That's enough!" Shiro intervened, seeing that debating was getting the group nowhere. "I think we all just need to calm down and think for a moment. Patience yields focus. We're all civilised adults, right? We can work this out."

"I agree with you, my boy." Thace nodded, hand on Shiro's shoulder. "We can figure something out as long as we all keep a level head. Uncle Sanvek, yelling will not help. I know you want what is rightfully yours, but I do not think yelling is a good influence on anyone."

Sanvek sighed in defeat, he knew his nephew was right. If only his brother were alive today, he would have known what to do. "I apologise if I frightened any of you, my temper has not been the greatest ever since the Androxia assassination. I am sorry for yelling at you especially, Green Paladin."

Sanvek directed that at Pidge, and she could see how sincere his apology was. She accepted it, pushing her glasses up. "That's okay, I totally get it. Now lets say we take a different approach to-"

The ship shook violently, and it was hard to keep one's footing when the ground was literally trembling beneath you. Pidge was flung forward, and Sanvek was luckily enough to be able to catch her.

"I've got you, little one." he said, holding her tight so she would not slip.

"Thanks, Sanvek." Pidge thanked, the warmth of Sanvek's fur bringing some comfort.

"What's going on!?" Lance fell onto his backside, groaning. "Ow! Shit!"

"Watch your language, boy!" Sanvek scolded, still holding Pidge. "Can you not see that there is a child present!?"

"I really don't think we have to be mindful of swearing right now, Uncle!" Kyrak gave Allura his hand, helping her up just for the two of them to fall down again.

"Kyrak is right!" the princess said, knowing the only cause of action that could be taken. "Paladins, get to your Lions! Shiro, take Thace with you! If your Lions run into trouble, he can guide them out of it!"

"On it!" The Paladins said, making their way to the hangers as fast as they could along with Thace. It was a quick journey, and the heartbeats of each individual were going wild. When the Lions exited the hangers, it was safe to say that what Shiro and the others were going to be up against wasn't something that was going to be easy to defeat.

Thace covered his mouth at what he saw, tears failing miserably to stop themselves from falling and his breaths uneasy.

"N-no...not again...I can't go through this again."

I beg upon the mighty ancients to keep me and my friends and family safe from the clutches of our enemies. Please, I beg of you...don't take away all that I have left.

"This is gonna be tough, you guys." Shiro said, getting ready to battle. "But we can do this! Form Voltron!"