¢нαρтєя fινє

¢нαρтєя fινє

-three days later-

"You're all fixed up, big guy. Man, the look on Shiro's face when he sees you, he's gonna be so happy. Those long nights were worth it."

Rolo patted the Black Lion with a yawn, Thace chuckling in response as he heard what the animal had to say.

"Nice group of friends you've got here, Thace. They might not be the best, but Rolo's puns did keep me entertained."

"He's quiet the joker, isn't he? Yes, his jokes keep me entertained as well. I assume that you feel a lot better now that you have been repaired?"

"Yes, I do. Thank you, Thace; really, I'm sure Shiro appreciates your help just as much as I do. I hope he recovers from his fever soon."

"He will, my friend. He's being cared for, I promise. As for appreciating my help, I am not too sure about that one just yet. My species has come as a surprise to him, which is perfectly understandable, but I hope with time he will see that i'm not his enemy. The only enemies I have are Zarkon and his evil empire. I am determined to make him pay for what he has done."

"What'dya think, T?" Rolo stretched, the planet's sun ascending into the pink, orange and subtle red sky, greeting his skin with salutations and kindness. "I worked day and night on this bad boy. All we can hope for now is that he'll work."

"I'm sure he'll work just fine, child." Thace nodded, his tone applauding Rolo's hard work. "Well done. Originally, I thought it was wrong of me to go behind Shiro's back, but now I think this will be a pleasant surprise, given what he has been through these past few days."

Please do not hate me for my species, Shiro. I would rather you get to know me for who I am on the inside, not for what I appear to be on the outside.

*****

Shiro found himself well enough to stand, no longer being controlled by the symptoms of his fever. Like Thace had promised, he had made a full recovery and was beginning to adapt to the temperatures of the planet. Now all he had to do was get used to his new surroundings. He couldn't leave just yet, not without getting to know everyone better.

"You've come along so well, Shiro. How's your arm doing? Does it still hurt?" Telenum said, smiling softly.

"No, actually," Shiro began, rotating his shoulder in a steady, backwards rhythm as he attempted to get the blood flowing. "it feels a lot better. I can't thank you all enough; you've really taken care of me during these past three days. I appreciate it, really I do."

Telenum turned to face the door as Shiro got changed into a plain long shirt, jean-like bottoms and boots, taking a quick peak before turning back around and blushing from the sight of the muscular chest the adult beared . His old clothes were too far gone to be repaired. His robotic arm clicked into place, a purple glow illuminating from the lines that trailed down it.

"I'm sorry if this sounds rude, I don't mean to pry but, your arm...is it-"

"Oh, this? Yeah, yeah it's Galra Tech. I can't remember much about how I got it...it's not something I like to talk about. I imagine Rolo has to go through this whole process everyday too, right?"

"Yeah," Telenum sighed, feeling sorry for her friend. "yeah, he does. I think Thace blames himself for it. The way he looked at your arm the other day, it was like he was...remembering something, something horrifying. I think it has something to do with his past, he doesn't go into too much detail about it."

"He doesn't?" Shiro asked, confused. "That does sound a little strange, have you tried asking him about it? You can turn around now by the way, i'm done changing."