¢нαρтєя єℓєνєи

¢нαρтєя єℓєνєи

тωσ ωєєкѕ ℓαтєя

"Well done, Shiro!" Thace applauded, pleased for the young man as he dodged Shiro's practice punch. "Well done indeed! You have improved incredibly since our last training session. That is something to be very proud of."

"Thanks, Thace." Shiro said, a little smile of achievement on his face. It made him feel better knowing that he was improving, he was learning new things with each session that went by such as fighting techniques that not even people on Earth had taught him. Thace knew what he was doing, that was for certain. "So, what are we gonna do now?"

"We will be going over some deep breathing exercises that will aid you in combat. You must remember," Thace placed a purple hand on Shiro's heart. "a calm mind and body will make your movements much more powerful. If you become stressed in the heat of battle, fear will be your only enemy. Do you understand?"

"I understand." Shiro nodded, taking a deep breath so that he could erase any negative thoughts from his head. "Okay, deep breaths...in and out."

"Good, good." Thace praised, reminding him to inhale and exhale slowly. "Don't make your breathing rushed, breath in nice and slowly. That's it, you're doing a tremendous job. Relax your shoulders; be sure not to tense them."

Gently pushing Shiro's shoulders down, the middle aged Galra noted the progress that was happening in front of him, and was satisfied with what he saw.

He is ready to progress onto the slightly more difficult challenges. I must be careful in what I assign him, as his build isn't like my own. Humans are not like the Galra, their muscles can tear easily from too much strain. Thank Heavens for my books; I never would have known this had it not been for them.

"Excellent, child. We shall take a break; I can imagine you are in need of hydration, yes?"

"I could use a drink." Shiro said, swallowing the lump in his throat that had formed due to dehydration and wiping the sweat from his brow.

*****

"I don't understand, how is it you're able to dodge incoming attacks so quickly? Is it to do with your eyesight or something? I mean your eyes are completely yellow and don't have a pupil. How are you even able to see?" Shiro asked, sipping some aquallia from a straw as he held a bottle in his hand.

"That is something not even I know the correct answer to, Shiro." Thace responded, filling up his bottle with the space water. "It is just within Galra genealogy that I am the way I am, but I do have some theories as to why it could be the case. We can see almost as well as a human despite not possessing pupils, or even an iris for that matter. You may have noticed that I bare a slight resemblance to a chiroptera, or what you humans call a bat. Like bats, our ears become more important than our sight when the moment calls for it, particularly at night."

Shiro was honestly surprised. He had gotten used to the way Thace spoke his words, but he never realised that he knew scientific facts about mammals that inhabited Earth. He supposed that with the amount of books the Galra owned, it was only natural he was going to take an interest in numerous subjects.

He's not like most Galra, that's for sure. Instead of wanting to destroy planets and civilisations, he'd rather gain knowledge about them and use it to help. He doesn't take anything for himself; he only gives to those who need it more than him. He's a kind hearted man, he helped save my life and i'm grateful for that. The least I can do now is try and be a good member of the team for as long as I have to be. My hope of finding the others, as much as I hate to say it...it's starting to fade even though it's only been a few weeks. Thace keeps telling me that I shouldn't give up hope, that good things come to those who wait, but how much longer am I going to have to wait to see my friends again? That's even if they're alive.