¢нαρтєя тнιятєєи

σиє уєαя ℓαтєя

"There's still no sign of him. Unfortunately, I think our chances of finding Shiro alive are lowering with each of our searches. I'm sorry, I truly am." Allura spoke, sadness lacing each of her words. The hope that had once lined it had gone, her friend was dead.

"What do you expect us to do? Just give up on him? We can't do that, Allura, he's our friend and a Paladin of Voltron! Wherever he is, i'm sure he's okay...he's...he's gotta be."

Pidge refused to believe that her friend was dead. Shiro was the last person who had seen her father and brother alive, and was now the only one she could consider to be like another older brother to her. Allura understood the young girl's pain, and placed a hand on her shoulder in hope that she could console her, but the words that left her mouth weren't of the comforting kind.

"I'm sorry, Pidge."

Pidge walked off without a word, with Allura wanting to say something but thinking it would be best if she stayed quiet. She clenched her first, angry with herself that she had let her conscience influence how she spoke.

I shouldn't have said that. Oh, Shiro, if you are alive out there then please...please come back. Your friends need you to be their guide, to help them defend the universe. Without you, Voltron is nothing more than a myth. Wherever you are, I hope you're well.

Allura didn't know what to do in order to make the situation better. In fact, there was nothing that could be done to ease the heartache the Paladins were feeling...the heartache she and Coran were feeling. It seemed so different not to have Shiro on the ship, it was far too quiet for her own personal liking and a chill would always run down her spine like cold water if her thoughts happened to play a part in her sadness.

One of the mice nuzzled her cheek, able to sense the pain that the princess was feeling. Years of being in a sleeping pod did have its perks.

"You seem sad, Allura. Is it about Shiro?"

"Do not worry about me, friend." the Altean tried to smile, stroking the top of the rodent's head with her finger. "I'm alright, really. I just...needed the time to think, that's all. At least you're here to keep me company, I could use some comfort."

*****

Location: Southern Rhilemian District

"Sons of bitches! Get back here!"

Shiro and Rolo took cover behind a wall, the Black Paladin grimacing as gun fire broke out.

"This isn't necessary! Just put the gun down!" he had to shout over the loud noise, his eardrums feeling like they were about to burst.

Shiro stepped to the right as soon as a laser light fired his way, the man cursing to himself in a mutter.

"Crap."

Rolo extended his arm, presenting a middle finger to the attacker and shouting.

"Fuck you, man! You owed us!"

"Owed you!? I don't owe you shit!"

Shiro shook his head, face-palming.

"Way to go, Rolo, you've officially succeeded in pissing the guy off." he said, clearly annoyed at what Rolo had done though not meaning to use bad language, if anything it was rather unusual for him to swear, but the pressure of the situation was weighing him down. "We hardly have any ammo as it is; we can't beat this guy unless-"

"If I were you," the two heard a low voice, and it sounded serious. They were able to identify its owner in a second, it was Thace. "I would lower you weapons. There is no need for this kind of retaliation. We made a deal with you, and you didn't commit to it. Therefore, you do owe us these weapons. I won't ask you again,"