¢нαρтєя ѕιχтєєи

¢нαρтєя ѕιχтєєи

Punching until his muscles had grown sore, Shiro stared at the fallen punching bag, his breathing unsteady as little beads dropped to the training hall floor and dampness soaked his white vest shirt. As he was beating that worthless Rhilemian to a pulp, he couldn't describe it. When he was that was causing the pain, a pleasurable tingle pulsed through his veins and made him desire for even more, more of that addicting ecstasy. It was like a drug, a drug that hadn't taken full effect but could make the taker start craving at any unexpected moment.

"What's happening to me?" he asked himself, almost breathless as he spoke his words. "Why am I feeling like this?"

As he went to the shower room and removed his clothes that stunk of sweat and the cybernetic arm he possessed, turning the faucet and sighing as cold water trickled down his back, arms and legs. He needed to be cool, the heat from training too much for him to take. Running his hand through his hair, he slowly shook his head.

This is bad. This is really bad. Come on, Takashi, snap yourself out of it. This isn't like you at all.

Shiro ran his hand down his face, unsure of what to do (or even think). A shower usually made him feel better, but for some reason it wasn't working this time around. Instead, it made his skin crawl unpleasantly and continuous shivers walked slowly down his back like tantalising spiders stalking for their prey of flies or any other insects their pointed fangs could get a hold of.

"Stop it." he scolded himself, unintentionally raising his voice. "Get a hold of yourself."

"Shiro?" Thace's voice called out from outside the shower room. "Are you alright in there? Is something wrong?"

Shiro was startled by Thace, and quickly turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist, using a smaller one to dry his upper body before resting it around his neck and sliding the door open.

"I'm fine, Thace. Is there something you need?"

Thace had momentarily forgotten his purpose of finding Shiro, the scars on the man's body causing his eyes to widen and his breathing to hitch, stopping and starting quietly.

Calm down, Thace. Calm down.

"Thace? Hey, is everything okay? Thace? You're shaking. If there's something wrong then-"

"I..." Thace hesitated, cursing in Galran and pulling himself together. "Ah, yes, I was coming to tell you that dessert is ready, we are all ready to sit down to eat. Please, join us when you are ready to. I have also brought some clean clothes for you."

"Thank you." Shiro took the folded set of clothes into his hands, the familiar scent of washing detergent teasing his nostrils, though also comforting him in the process. "I'll be there soon. How can I miss out on homemade dessert made by the best cook on the ship?"

"You're too kind, child." Thace said, laughing.

Shiro went to the changing room, sliding the door shut. Thace couldn't help, but sigh, the feeling of utter disgust had haunted him for years, though it wasn't until the very moment he had seen the scars, that the emotion truly came into light.

Vomiting, Thace pressed his hand on the wall to steady himself, saliva dripping from his mouth from loss of breath. The horrific sight he had just witnessed was not something that would leave him so easily, and the trembling his body was doing signified that.

Even attempting to walk seemed like a shot in the dark, and as Thace fell onto his knees, the tears started running down his face like waterfalls, no sound coming from his lips. After coughing, his airways were becoming clearer and clearer with each intake of much needed air.

"Lieutenant Thace? Lieutenant, are you alright!?" a fellow soldier did his best to assist the high ranking Galra, turning him over so that he could breathe. Thace gasped for air, coughing harshly.

"What happened?" the armoured soldier asked, noticing the vomit on the floor. Without delay, he helped the lieutenant to his feet. "Can you walk?"

"I can. Please, will you help me get to the infirmary? I think I have caught the affects of that horrid illness that has been going around as of late. I would advise you keep your distant, I wouldn't want others to get sick because of me."

Thace was a good liar, even he knew that. He had to be if he was to keep up his loyalty front and avoid detection. One day, he would leave the Galra Empire and never come back.

Vrepit sa, you bastard of an emperor, he thought.

*****

Desserts had been eaten and stomachs had been satisfied, the smile on each of everyone's faces made Thace feel warm inside, cozy and tingly. He was surrounded by a team he saw as his own family, and a Paladin who had become more than a good friend to him.

He was like another son.

"Perhaps I added too much sugar to the sorbet." he humoured himself, noting that Rolo was quite hyper. Either it was from the sweetness of the tasty dish, or he was in a good mood.

"You didn't look so good earlier, Thace. Are you sure you're okay?" Shiro asked, carrying plates that needed to be washed. "I worry about you, you know, have the nightmares started again?"

Thace appreciated Shiro's concern, but wished he didn't worry about him so much. Nightmares were things he despised, but unfortunately they couldn't be controlled. Some nights he'd wake up with a simple gasp, and others he'd awake in a fit of screams and panicked cries.

"Thank you for your worries, Shiro, but I assure you that I am alright. I have been quite fortunate with the nightmares; they haven't bothered me at all recently."

That was a lie, a dreadful attempt at a lie.

"Uh-huh." Shiro could see Thace's expression, his eyes telling him the plain truth. "I know that's a lie, you've been having them, haven't you? Please, Thace," he set the dishes aside. "No more lies. What's going on? It's been a year, surely you can put your trust in me like I have with you?"

Thace wanted to tell him, really he did. So badly that the words could spill from his mouth if he was careless enough.

"I'm sorry, Shiro. I can't. Not yet."

"But you promised you'd tell me more-"

"I know what I said!" Thace snapped, taking a moment to breathe by counting to five. "I know what I said. But i'm not ready, not right now. I know that when the time is right, I will be able to trust you, but until then I must keep myself to myself."

Shiro understood, only replying with a nod. It was his fault that Thace had lost his temper, he'd pushed him and he shouldn't have done something like that. When he was ready, he would be there to listen.

"I'm sorry, Thace."

The Paladin proceeded to head to the kitchen; he would have been spending his free time with princess and the others though unfortunately for him he was on kitchen duty. Rolo had gotten used to the rota, and was even starting to help out with tasks even when he wasn't required to. He was maturing in that sense, for sure he was, but was still the same guy he first met a year ago.

Thace couldn't believe he had lost control of his emotions, he felt ashamed of himself for doing such a thing. Sighing, he shook his head and buried his face into his hand.

"Damn it. Way to to, Thace. Way to go, indeed. You must learn to control the urge to shout, as hard as that may be. My experiences have taken their toll on me, I know that much."

"Do you really think you're worth anything now that your family are gone, Androxia?"

Just thinking about all of the menacing things Zarkon had said to him in private made him sick. Thace could never forgive such a horrible man for what he had done to him, to members of his own kind. It was something that only a madman would even consider offering redemption, and redemption wasn't something he was willing to give. Only those who had been kind to him deserved the same, it was his rule.

Love those who love you in return.