¢нαρтєя тняєє

¢нαρтєя тняєє

Thace chopped the array of ingredients, making sure not to cut himself as he did so. The scent of mild spices and the aroma of a well-made roux filled the room, taking the Galra back to when he was but a young boy, watching his mother hum happily while she cooked incredible food, only then to serve a fantastical meal that always brought his family together after a long day.

Oh, how I miss you, Mother. How I miss you and Father so very much, he thought to himself. If only I could have one more day- one more hour, with you and the family.

Thace placed the vegetables with the rest of the soup mixture, letting it simmer so that all the flavours could combine into one, excellent medley of deliciousness. The boiling water bubbled softly, utensils that needed to be cleaned sat on the counter. Traditional methods of cooking had always been the former soldier's forte, something he excelled in and enjoyed doing in his spare time.

"This should give him the strength he needs. With rest and homemade food, Shiro should be back on his feet in no time at all. I just hope that my methods in treating him will work."

"Mmmm, something smells good in here! Need any help?"

Telenum walked into the kitchen, the smell of Thace's cooking driving her senses crazy. Tying her long hair up into a pig tail, she held a pin in between her lips before securing it into her long locks.

"I would appreciate that. Thank you, Telenum." Thace smiled, putting on a brave face to avoid worrying the teenager. "Can you help me wash up, please?"

"Sure thing."

Telenum began to scrub the dirtied metal utensils clean, before passing them to Thace so that he could dry them and put them back in their original places. At least, after the cleaning was over, there would be a tasty meal to look forward to.

*****

Shiro slept somewhat contentedly, his breathing ever so hollow as his chest rose and fell with each breath his tired body took. Nyma kept a close eye on him, occasionally taking the cloth off the Paladin's forehead and wringing it, soaking it in fresh aquallia before reapplying it.

"I don't like this, Rolo, not one bit. How did he even get here? I thought hardly anyone knew about this planet?" she said, brushing the hair that stuck to Shiro's forehead away.

"I thought so too, Nyma." Rolo replied, sighing as he tried to piece together the puzzle that he had been trying to solve since Shiro was found.

This doesn't make sense. What happened to you, Shiro? Where are the others? Lance, Keith, Pidge...Hunk, Princess Allura and Coran. What happened? There's gotta be some kind of explanation, and only you would know the answer. But, I can't dig into that right now. You've have to get better first.

Shiro awoke with a moan, his head spinning. His sight had returned thanks to much needed rest, and he could see clearly again.

"Hey, sleepyhead." Nyma smiled sweetly, trying to bring some light into the situation. "How did that nap turn out? Has it helped at all?"

"A little, I suppose." Shiro answered, the feeling of coolness travelling over his body was almost like Heaven on Earth- well, Heaven on whatever the name of the planet he was on was called. "Where did the princess go?"

"She went to go help Thace in the kitchen." Rolo spoke, not taking his eyes off the window he was staring out of. "Oh man, I could eat his food all day, you have no idea how good it is. Trust me; it'll be unlike anything you've ever tasted before."

Shiro appreciated Rolo and Nyma's good will, but he didn't understand it- at least, not right away. They tried to steal Lance's lion and get away with it, but here they were, helping him to recover from a fever and get him back to health. They were right, they really had turned over a new leaf, and for what it was worth, he believed them.