¢нαρтєя иιиє

¢нαρтєя иιиє

"Alright, this looks good. The table is complete. Starting from now, we shall proceed with our nightly patrol. I do hope it's no trouble towards you, you didn't have to do this for my sake." Thace said, his hands on his hips as he looked at the medium sized sheet of paper, and then at Shiro.

"No, no." Shiro shook his head, he was insistent of his duties. "You helped me, so i'll help you. What do we need? For a start, I think we'll need something warm to wear."

"Right you are, child. Here, please take this. The princess has many, and has insisted that you keep it, along with your current clothing."

Thace handed Shiro a coat, an essential piece that would keep him from freezing to death. Shiro nodded, taking it and putting it on. He felt warmer already.

"Thanks. I wish I had fur right about now, it'd keep me warm." he joked, zipping the coat up.

Thace chuckled at the comedic comment, unlike most of his kind, he had retained his sense of humour even in the darkest of times. It was the one thing that helped him remind himself that he was a good person, and he wasn't to blame for anything he had done. He was forced, it wasn't his fault.

"Indeed having fur would be ideal right now, but it is not good during the day. I get incredibly hot at times, which I might add isn't a nice feeling, especially when you get to be the age I am. My, how i'd love to be young again. Oh, which reminds me, there is something i'd like to ask you. I hope you take no offence by me asking, but I am simply curious. How old are you, Shiro?"

Shiro was a little confused by the question (not in a bad way, but simply by the fact he was being asked). If Thace wanted to know, why didn't he ask before? Though, Shiro assumed he was simply trying to be polite and keep his questions to himself.

I don't know...should I tell him? I mean, what's one little harmless answer gonna do? It's just a question, he's allowed to ask them, he thought.

"I, uhhh...i'm twenty five, nearly twenty six." Shiro answered, trying not to sound like he was still puzzled. "W-why'd you ask?"

"Like I said, merely out of curiosity, child." Thace said, a small smile lighting up his face. "I am over ten thousand years old, for you see us Galra have very long lifespans, which used to be a lot shorter than what it is now. But if you do the mathematics, I would only be a few years older than you in human years."

"Really?" Shiro asked, quite surprised at how old Thace really was. "And how old would that be, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Not at all. It's really a give or take answer, but I would be about thirty seven to forty years old. Which if I am correct, is young for human standards today, yes?"

Thirty seven or forty...wow, he looks younger than what most people on Earth would look like at that age. I wonder what his secret is? Either he moisturises everyday or youth has just been incredibly kind to him. I guess being evil all the time would make you look pretty old, from all the stress and everything. I'm glad Thace is one of the good guys, he doesn't seem to have a bad bone in his body.

"That young, huh?" Shiro said, rubbing the back of his head as he smiled lightly. "I thought you would have been a little older, but it doesn't matter. I'm glad we're getting to know each other a little better, Thace. It's nice."

"Indeed it is." Thace nodded, agreeing. "If you were anyone else, you probably would have thrown all kinds of accusations at me. I get the feeling your friends will not be too happy knowing you have been saved by a member of their worst enemy, not to mention two individuals who tried to steal one of the Lions, correct?"

"You're right about that. If i'm honest, i'm absolutely dreading it." Shiro sighed, his shoulders slumping, but perking up again a few seconds after a thought occurred to him. "Who knows, maybe if they see you for who you are rather than for what you are, then that might make things better between you and them. From what I know about you so far, you're a pretty nice guy. You wouldn't harm anyone, I know that now."

"Except for the Galra."

"Except for the Galra." Shiro repeated.

"Very well. I must check the monitors beforehand to make sure that they are in working condition. This check will only be brief." Thace said, logging into the control panel and typing away. It appeared to Shiro that during his time as a soldier, he must have specialised in the technical field. It was no wonder he could type so quickly, and in a way it reminded him of Pidge. He had the strangest feeling that with some time, she and Thace would get along well and bond over their interest in technology.

Once Thace was done, the Galra put on his coat and grabbed his weapon, realisation hitting him when he realised Shiro didn't have anything he could use to defend himself besides his Galra Tech arm.

"Oh, my, I almost forgot! Here, you must bring this with you. You will need a weapon in order to defend yourself if you find yourself needing to, the Galra Tech alone will not be enough."

Shiro nodded, receiving the weapon and placing it in the leather holster that Thace had provided him with.

"Thanks. Well, let's get going, shall we?"

*****

"I know your past is touchy subject, Thace." Shiro began, jumping over a rock that was in his way. "But why exactly did you leave the Galra Empire?"

Thace didn't no how to respond to the question fully, so instead answered it to the best of his ability, ignoring the weight that had begun to take it's form once again on his heart.

"I didn't leave the Empire, child. I escaped. I would like to leave it at that, if you don't mind. We have much bigger things to worry about right now."

Shiro could understand why Thace wanted to change the subject. He was right, they both had other things to worry about than to ask questions about each others' past. Looking left and right, he tried to see if there was anything that he should be cautious of, but so far everything seemed quiet.

A little bit too quiet for his liking.

"I don't know about you, Thace, but i've got a bad feeling about this. Something feels...wrong."

"Wrong? In what way, Shiro?" Thace asked, cocking his head to the side lightly as he raised a brow.

"I don't know, I...never mind, I guess it's just me getting a little paranoid. I'm sure it's nothing. Come on, how about we look over here- no...no, no, no. Thace!"

"What is it- quickly, child! Hide!"

Thace grabbed hold of Shiro's wrist and pulled him down, the two of them taking cover behind the familiar rock Shiro had jumped over before.

"They're scouting ships! Damn it," he cursed, clenching his fist. "as long as they stay over there, we should be fine. Are you alright, Shiro?"

"Yeah, yeah i'm okay." Shiro nodded, placing his hand on his heart. "Just a little startled, that's all. We should keep quiet, we can't take any chances."

Thace agreed, his eyebrows narrowing at the sight of the ships. Oh how he hated the Galra, he would have destroyed them all one by one if he had the chance to. One Galra in particular would have to be Zarkon (understandably) but another would be Prorok. How he had come to loathe that scumbag of a soldier, the one who always had to suck his gut in everytime he was in the presence of the emperor.

Fat bastard, Thace thought to himself. He claimed to be in good shape, when in fact he wasn't. That man couldn't even run down the corridors without getting exhausted. Anyway, this isn't the time to be hating on my former crew members. I made my choice, and i'm determined to keep to it.

"Thace? Hey, the ships have gone." Shiro said, relieved. "Thank God, I thought we were gonna be-"

"Captured? Fear not, child." Thace reassured the young adult. "I wouldn't let that happen. The princess would most likely have my head for it."

"Really now? No, she seems too kind to hurt you. She loves you, Thace, i'm sure."

Thace hummed contentedly, his thoughts casting to that of Telenum.

"I'm sure she does, Shiro. I love her too. Very much."