¢нαρтєя fσυя

¢нαρтєя fσυя

"Thace? Can you sing that lullaby again, please? I know i'm probably too old for lullabies, but it really helps me to sleep at night." Telenum asked, sitting up in her bed. She wore a mauve night gown, with plain black straps. Thace nodded, a warm smile spreading on his face at the request.

"Of course, Telenum. As your loyal guardian and friend, I see it as my duty to ensure your wellbeing."

Telenum got comfortable, the back of her head resting on the plumped pillow, her ears awaiting for the soothing singing that assisted in her nightly routine. Thace took a small breath, resting his hand on the princess's shoulder before beginning to sing a reassuring song, one that his mother sang to him as a child when he had trouble sleeping.

Shiro could hear the melodic tune faintly, obviously unable to understand what the words meant due to it being in Galran. Though, just by the sound of Thace's voice, he could tell- no, he knew right away that it was a peaceful song. He could feel his eyelids grow heavy, a thing so unusual for him that he did his best to stay awake so he could hear more.

The pain within him had dimmed, numbness being the only feeling because of it. Shiro felt frozen, his mind wondering where his friends had ended up after what he could remember, was something that happened due to sabotage. He wasn't sure of what kind it was, but when putting two and two together, he remembered.

I remember now...we were trying to get away, and when we thought we were done for, the barrier was lowered...at least, that's what I can remember. I don't know, maybe it's the fever messing with me?

Shiro's heart beat steadied as the sweet sound was enough to make him want to sleep. A breath parted him as he cautiously turned on his side, falling into a calming slumber.

Thace's voice softened as he realised Telenum was asleep, humming at the sight. He made sure that she was comfortable, and before leaving, placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Good night, my child. May you have sweet dreams."

*****

As the planet's moon set into the night sky, Thace knew it was time.

The Galra made sure that he was well prepared, wearing a fluffy coat to keep himself warm, taking a weapon, (just in case he would need it) before finally putting on some thick trousers and a pair of walking boots. The planet's temperature had decreased greatly, being pleasantly warm during the day and unpleasantly cold during the darker hours.

This should be enough, Thace thought to himself. Although having fur has it's benefits, there is no shame in coming well equipped. Hopefully there are no scouting ships around.

"You got everything, T?" Rolo asked, loading a high tech gun of his own creative genius after he had put on a spare coat Thace had given to him. Thace nodded, giving the younger male the go ahead.

"Let's go."

Creeping down the corridors to avoid detection, Thace and Rolo got to the exit of the ship, walking onto the land of the unnamed, forgotten planet. Rolo shivered as the cold breeze went down his spine, the eldest teammate noticing.

"Are you alright, Rolo?"

Rolo nodded, he wasn't going to let the cold hold him back.

"I'm good. I knew I should have worn thicker pants. Damn it, why the fuck is it so cold?"

"The planet's temperature decreases at nightfall, like how some countries on Earth get colder for example. This planet mimics those actions; I learned that from one of my books."