¢нαρтєя тωєиту-σиє

¢нαρтєя тωєиту-σиє

Pidge and Shiro stood side by side, the former looking down at her with a reassuring look. The two wore their respective colours of armour, waiting for any sign of the Castle of Lions.

"I'm sorry for being away for so long, with no contact no less. I...I guess I got so caught up with helping Telenum and her team that...that..."

"If there's one thing you didn't do, you didn't forget about me or the others. Thace told me you were always telling stories about our adventures, and that for a long time you actually managed to put a smile on his face. You were right, he really isn't a bad guy."

"What did I tell you? He's not bad, really he's not. He's helped me out a lot this past year and if anything, he's become like a father to me. He's taught me so much in terms of fighting, and he even taught me how to use this."

Shiro motioned to the sword that was attached to his side via a holster, and Pidge eyed it with amazement. It bared a traditional Rhilemian symbol of a purple flower, and the white energy that glowed from it showed that it was powerful.

"He taught you how to use this? Shiro, do you realise how useful this could be in battle? You don't have to use hand to hand combat anymore, you can just use this."

Shiro shook his head, it wasn't as simple as that. There was more to it than just being a simple piece of metal crafted by Rhilemian hands. 

"I made a promise never to hurt anyone with this sword unless it was absolutely necessary. It's a Rhielmian thing."

Pidge raised a brow, unsure of what he meant by it. Taking the sword out of the sleeve, he presented it to the fifteen year old.

"You see this little flower here? That's the Rhilemian crest of honour, and not many people are fortunate to earn it. I'm grateful for it, and I want to keep it with me so that I have something to remember the princess by. She's been such a good friend to me...i'm really gonna miss her."

Pidge looked away sadly, she could understand why Shiro would miss his new friends, they had helped him when no one else did. It was only then did she come up with an idea, an idea that could potentially make everyone happy.

"You don't have to be separated from them, we can talk to Allura and see about them working with us. They've already proven that they're allies, isn't it worth taking that chance?"

"Yeah..." Shiro's expression lit up at the thought of being able to be with his new friends. "Yeah, you're right! Oh...but we've got a problem...Thace is a Galra and you know how untrustworthy Allura is around them."

"So? We can convince her that he's not bad, help her to see him the same way you do. I'll stand by you, Shiro, whatever she says to him i'll be with you to defend him. You've helped me see the light, and I think it's about time we help Allura and Coran too."

Shiro and Pidge embraced in a warm and friendly hug, knowing that their plan could work. It was going to be difficult, there was no doubt about that, but it didn't mean to say that they couldn't try. If Thace's name could be cleared and Allura and Coran could resolve their differences with him, then the alliance had full capability of working.

*****

"She didn't leave the planet's coordinates? What was the point in her doing a transmission, then?"

"Lance, please. You should be happy that Pidge is safe and that Shiro is alive and well, we can work out the coordinates ourselves using the data from the transmission. It shouldn't be so hard to figure it out."

Coran was typing away at a keyboard, cursing in Altean when he didn't get the right result. He cleared his throat, knowing a bad tone wouldn't solve anything.