Hero

Six months before the dreaded engagement two heroes watched the city of Pais. Not Ladybug and ChatNoir but Paon and a new recruit Papillon. They fought regular criminals not akumatized citizens.

"Papillon, you look sharp today."

She pulled his face close. She found him irresistible she leaned in closer and closer. Noses barely gazing, heart pumping, lips watering the whole nine yards. She wanted to kiss him but you don't start a relationship that you know well crash and burn.

"What are you doing?"

Papillon didn't feel the same but he was quite attracted to her at the same time.

"I want to kiss you."

"What's stopping you."

"I have a boyfriend."

"You have a want now?"

Papillon's eyes widened with the sudden shock of the relations. Before he could utter another word she kisses him.

"How was that?"

"What's wrong with you?!"

"What?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Yes, but you have to understand that I had to kiss you. He's gonna purpose, he's a nice guy and all but I don't love him. It's in my best interest to marry him."

"That doesn't explain the kiss at all."

"Look, if six months from now you care at all for me you'll find me."

"I won't."

Tears leaked from the crack on Paon's heart.

"Why not?"

"I like someone else."

"So, it's not like you love her."

"Who said I didn't."

"But in the Miraculous history it states like Ladybug is to ChatNoir as Volpina is to Turtle and as Paon is to Papillon."

"Just because it happened once doesn't mean it's gonna happen again."

"You really love this girl."

"Miss Dúmor one my heart."

She smiled at the thought of the love struck idiot who stood in front of her it all made sense to her. She was it fact Miss Dúmor, Miss Circe Ava Dúmor.

"Birds of a feather aren't we."

She stated as she left Papillon to his thoughts. Papillon didn't want to be chained to historical romance. He wanted to break the cycle. Midnight was a unusual time to show up at a girls house with a bouquet of freshly cut Calla Lilies, her favorite.

'This is it. Breath Gabriel, just breath. You got this.'

But, all that preparation wasted when he laid eyes on her. A bumbling mess a man can be when confessing love. Gabriel took a deep breath and knocked on her apartment door.

"Gabriel?"

Circe says as she answers the door acting as if she's been sleeping. Dressed in pink flannel pajamas added with messy hair. She yawned as her eyes weighed down on her eyes.

"Circe.... I came here to tell you something. It's hard to say... I..."

Before he could get the words out she gave into her sleep deprivation. Waitressing, law school, and being a superhero is tough work. She fell on him, Gabriel being kind pick her up and uttered three words.

"It can wait."

As Gabriel in the present time let a tear roll down his cheek remembering that fact he was such a idiot didn't here someone come in.

"Natalie! I told you no interruptions...."

He looked up and it was the one person he didn't expect to see.

"Circe...."

"Hello, Gabriel. Miss me?"