Chapter 88: The Snake Sisters

Start from the beginning

"I can do that, right?"

"I suppose you can" you shrugged.

"Sure you can" said Marigold, whipping a tear away from her eye. "If you haven't given up on your life yet, let me tell you something. You'd better not fall into the space between the audience and the arena. I don't mind if it happens, but if you fall, you will be stabbed by the spikes below. You don't have anything else to do, right?"

"Nah, I'm fine!" grinned naively Luffy.

"Here we go..." you groaned in exasperation.

"Then, let's start"

"Kill them, Sandersonia, Marigold!!! For the crime of intruding on this island of women! For the sin of insulting me, show them the art of punishment!" ordered Hancock.

Marigold was the first one to move, lifting her lance above her head and swung the blade in Luffy's direction. You summoned your naginata, clashing with her as sparks of electricity flew out from the collision. You smirked at her shocked expression, who quickly turned feral. The two of you battled with your weapons, Luffy staring at the fight in amazement.

Suddenly, the woman spat from her mouth a purple liquid that nearly grazed your skin.

"Poison?! That was close!" shouted Luffy.

"It's a deadly poison. Too bad for you!"

Marigold continued to shoot her venom at you both, Luffy dodging by jumping around the arena while you deflected the spits with your naginata. The young man charged at the snake woman, avoiding the poison and swung his leg back.

"Gomu Gomu no Stamp!!" he shouted.

However, Marigold deflected the hit with the inside of her hand, the limb bouncing back. His eyes widened in surprise, and let out a grunt when she slammed the tip of her rod in his stomach.

"That hurts....Why? I'm rubber...." groaned Luffy in pain, clutching his guts.

"Watch out!!!" you warned, tossing Luffy out of the way as the snake directed her lance at him.

You twirled your weapon above your head, jumped and swung it down on top of Marigold. She blocked the blade by using the rod, stopping you short. You gasped when a tail enrolled around your waist, looking down to see the smirking face of Sandersonia.

"That's unfair. Don't hog all the fun yourself, Mari" scolded the other snake. "I want to have some fun too"