━ [78]

Alex's point of view

Valerie had been off lately, and I noticed it. I knew she had been keeping a secret from me. I had tried to ask her what was up, but she responded with the baby's kicking had been bothering her lately. I didn't believe that at all, but I wasn't just going to sit around as she kept another secret. 

She wasn't acting right to me.

Maybe it was because of the last month of pregnancy, but who knows.

I had been sitting in my office at work, the noise of E! on in the background, when I decided to call Valerie to tell her I was coming home soon.

As I sat there I heard Valerie's name on the television. Smiling I looked up at the tv, maybe it was something about modeling or something about her being a new soon to be mom. But when I looked up I looked at the screen horrified.

There was a picture of Valerie and Andrew. Kissing!

My blood boiled as I stared at that picture, a part of me wondered what did I do to deserve this? Was I not good enough for Valerie? I mean why would she do this, we were having a baby together any day now.

Angrily I stood up, grabbed my things and stormed down to my car.

+

Arriving at the house, I stomped in looking around for Valerie. I noticed her sitting in a chair in front of the fire place. "Why didn't you tell me?" I yelled walking over to her, standing in front of the fire place.

She seemed to have known exactly what I was talking about. "I-"

"That's why you were acting weird!" I snapped, I watched as she stood up and tried to move for me, but I only walked away towards the kitchen.

"That never meant to happen! I swear. Andrew kissed me first, yes I'll admit I kissed back. But it was a mistake!" I watched as tears flooded down her face.

Oh god. My wife was an emotional basket case.

I wanted to know who leaked them, who took the picture in the first place.

"Jack wanted too meet me, I said no. And he leaked the pictures. He's behind all of this" she mumbled.

"He has your number!"

"I've blocked him many times Alexander, he just keeps calling from different phones" she tried to explain. I didn't really care about him right now, I just wanted to know why she would do that.

"Why would you do that?" I questioned, lowering my voice. I watched as she sighed, "I don't really know. It was in the moment, I should've told you in the first place. Better yet, never even have kissed back"

After what she had said, and reading her facial features I knew she wasn't lying. And that she truly felt bad.

I couldn't leave her. She was the love of my life, and she was pregnant. With my baby, I wasn't just going to leave her. We could figure this out. Right?