━ [65]

Alex's pov

Madison had been sitting in the living room on the couch while I eyed her. I don't even know why I let Valerie bribe me to let her into this house.

Valerie had gotten Madison some clothes and a glass of water, while I just sat at the island. Glaring at her.

This seemed totally off. Why would she show up here? Out of all places? She knew she wasn't welcomed, and how'd she even find us? We moved.

I watched as Valerie came downstairs with a red t shirt and black leggings in her arms, she had grey leggings and my white t shirt on. "Here you go, the bathrooms straight and then on the third door to the left"

"Thank you so much" Madison mumbled before scurrying off towards the bathroom. I heard her feet padding against the cold hardwood floors before the lock sounding through the quiet house.

I turned to look at Valerie who was reaching out of the cabinet for something. She turned around and saw me staring at her, she looked at me oddly. "What? Don't look at me like that. I know what your thinking" she scolded me, I frowned.

"Then if you know what I'm thinking, you should also know this is a little weird" i responded with and she sighed loudly. She was quiet after that as she had grabbed her glass cup and poured some water into it from the fridge. "Valerie this doesn't seem right? Doesn't it seem a little-"

"Sketchy" she answered for me, a long groan coming after. "Yes!"

"I do find it weird Alex, but what did you want me to do? Leave her, all bruised and broken. He could've found her and killed her " "yes!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air. She shook her head. "I couldn't do that"

"Valerie I don't care, she tried to kill you. Remember what you told me about the car accident?"

"Yes," she sighed loudly, peering around the corner checking if Madison was coming. She hadn't been though, she was still in the bathroom. "But we don't know that" she stood beside me and put a hand on my shoulder. I shook it off standing up quickly.

"What's wrong with you? We don't know that? Of course we do!" I yelled, "shhh, she's in the next door over Alex"

"I don't care!" She flinched back. Eventually her eyebrows scrunched together. "Listen, I'm going to help her. I don't care what you think" she glared at me walking into the living room and plopping her pregnant self down on the couch.

"All of a sudden when did you care" "I never cared. I-I just,-I feel bad"