━ [17]

Val's pov

I had been sitting on the back of the deck of the little bungalow and was trying to enjoy my tanning when I felt someone place there hands on my stomach, causing me to jump up.

Alex was staring down at me smiling, showing his pearly white teeth. "Alex,"
I laughed, "you scared me"

"Sorry babe, i didn't mean too" he mumbled scooting me over a little but in the chair and snuggling up next to me. We both watched the sun, as it began to slowly decrease down behind the waters.

"You know, I'm lucky to have you"

"Why do you say that?" I ask turning around to face him. "Look at you! Your drop dead gorgeous and any guy would gladly take you, she you chose me. I don't know I just feel special"

"You are special," I kissed his cheek. "I can't believe we got married" he sighed happily. " I can," it was silent and I enjoyed it, just us two and the tiny rolling waves.

"Thank you for sticking up for me, with jack the other day"

"That's my job baby, I gotta protect you"

I blushed. "Your cute"

"Not as cute as you"

+

"I'm tired" I heard Alex sigh from our room. I had been in the bathroom showering and changing into something special for Alex. "oh really? Cause I had a surprise for you" I called back, stepping out of the bathroom to show my red lingerie. "Oh damn" I heard him mumble as he sat up in the bed, his elbows resting on the mattress below him.

He smirked at me before sitting fully up. "Are you sure your still tired"

"I'm wide awake baby"